xxvi. a house of god

TWENTY-SIX,
a house of god

TWENTY-SIX,a house of god

⋆

ELLA SAMUELS WAS never one to cling onto the idea of religion and church, even after the world ended.

Sure, she believed in god and all, but that was mostly due to the fact her family had raised her with the typical Christian beliefs from the moment she was born. Her parents weren't super religious, but that didn't stop them from taking their three daughters to church with them every single Sunday, only up until there was no more church to go to anymore.

Therefore, that meant she should have been use to the atmosphere one a place like a church would bring. Even with her previous entanglements connected to religion though, Ella found herself to be beyond shocked the second their expanding group set food into Gabriel's little house of god.

The chipping white building held a traditional interior, with older window frames holding tightly onto the slightly dirtied up looking square glasses, while multiple rows of wooden pews were glued tightly on the matching flooring. From the moment they all stepped foot into the church, only after it was secure, of course, the girl found herself being attracted to those close by benches. Running her boney fingers across the smoothed out, glossy wood, a familiar sensation ran throughout her veins at the contact, causing a memory of her own adventures with sitting in similar pews in the past to appear in her mind.

Ella could remember how years ago, her same hand would run across the back rows of the pews edges, while she trailed behind her sociable parents at their required church outings. Usually, the strangers they would converse with every Sunday would be distracted by her parents, or even her younger siblings. It always left her bored, along with feeling somewhat awkward around the typical church attendees, and to cling to the back of her old little finally dynamic. A nervous habit of hers was created from such situations, which just so happened to be the very same one her body naturally induced. For some reason, gripping on to the physical wood of the bench was comforting, so it wasn't much of a surprise that it had the same affect on her months and months later.