xlvii. last day on earth

FORTY-SEVEN,
last day on earth

FORTY-SEVEN, last day on earth

TW:suicide mention

TW:
suicide mention

FROM THE MOMENT ELLA MET THE MAN, Rick Grimes had never given off the impression of being one to scare fairly easily.

During the last few years, all the adults were, from what she could grow to understand, lumped into that vague category of being those considered the stereotypical definition of the word brave. Or, better yet, their only outlook on any form on a functional attempt at a living society — meaning that, for most grown-ups left, merely pushing back the human emotion of fear was a given requirement to keep moving forward, for their shared loved ones surrounding them.

Ella's parents, too, were the people she had seen as her true saviors, for quite some time, during the start of the outbreak. She had acknowledged that for awhile how, without any form of adult supervision in her early life, she would have been an addition to the dead long ago. Being hardly considered a teenager during the beginning of the lethal pandemic, it was only a given, for her to assume such an outrageous thing. That, during the collapse of the life that began to fade day, by day, both of her mother and father had been the assists her family required, for her to be alive, that very regretful second.

For people like Carl, or even Enid, too, she would have assumed they had older figures as well, who fulfilled that very same role. One where an adult, or an individual even resembling that of a parent, had saved them, during the start of the true fall. Resulting in them for their new home to, collectively, lie in Alexandria, where the need for adults to be their sole protecters had started to become an old fashioned ideal, with the spread of their traditional fighting tactics and strength, amongst the rare, curious youth.

Rick, being the main leader of their group since their arrival at the community, had been the perfect example of a said parental figure, for some included in that clear category. Where, due to his evolved strength over the due course of those past few rough years, very little things left truly did shake him enough to show visible fear upon his stoic expression. After embracing the role of the head spokesperson, prior to their previous attempt at a council to function inside of the prison, his resulting confidence in this very position only went to increase, as the time flew by. As decisions became more easy to him, with the help of the others, such as Michonne, Glenn, Daryl, or Maggie — again, reinforcing the idea of their newly built society being, to its vulnerable core, up to those very adults for it to continue running at its highest potential.