xxxii. an infatuation

THIRTY-TWO,
an infatuation

THIRTY-TWO,an infatuation

TW: some self-harming thoughts/words

TW:
some self-harming thoughts/words

ELLA DIDN'T EXACTLY know when, how, or why these feelings formed. The feelings, in which, induced an unstoppable wave of flutters within her stomach. Sensations that made her heart do flips, and swell in a way it had never done before. A bundle of feelings, that were unplanned, mind you, which caused her to feel a pleasantly uneasy emotion. An emotion where there was no clarity of.

In other words, the type of feelings Ella had the pleasure of enduring whenever her best friend, Carl Grimes, came into the picture.

He was her best friend, right?

Ella liked to think he was — though, now, the topic of their friendship became more and more fuzzy. At least, in her mind, it did. After all, she was no idiot. An idiot, perhaps, would deny the list of emotions she finally acknowledged, when it came to this particular boy. And she didn't want to ignore these feelings anymore, in all honesty. It was practically tearing her apart on the inside, the more she tried to do so.

As in, the way his voice made her insides turn into a swarm of untamed butterflies, without realizing. Or his fluffy mess of brunette curls, now, that looked more so like a stringy package of brown noodles. Due to the lack of showers, and all of that. But then, there was also his physical physique, as she couldn't help but note how perfect it was, in every single way. Not in a weird way, like some may believe, but more so, things like posture. Yes, posture.. it was an odd thing to say, but, he did have a enviable stride, if you asked her. There was also the topic of his remarkable kindness, a trait she so dearly admired. Every little thing he did, it made her stop, and evaluate these foreign feelings dwindling within her. That being, she could no longer go on to ignore whatever emotions he unintentionally caused her to feel.

And that was not a thing best friends contemplated.

At least, not to her little knowledge. The girl was not one to have many friends, besides her two younger sisters, so of course, she wasn't exactly an expert.