xviii. silence

EIGHTEEN,
silence

EIGHTEEN,silence

TW: mention of sexual abuse/assault

TW:
mention of sexual abuse/assault

IN THE SECONDS that passed, Ella's hand never left Carl's.

This strange man, he didn't move, only stared through the glass. He wore an almost creepy smile, one which curled up on his lips to reveal his worn out teeth. What made it worse were the voices outside, and how throughout all of this, the sound was muffled due to the cars walls. Looking through the glass next, even more men were seen surrounding their camp, guns to both Rick and Michonne's heads.

"What do we do?" Ella whispered, her voice trembling slightly from the fear she felt.

"Just wait it out. We'll be okay, my dad, he can handle this."

Not too long after speaking, Carl squeezed her hand again, and it became clear she wasn't the only one afraid. No matter how much he tried to cover it up, Ella knew the boy beside her must have been terrified. His father had a gun to his forehead, after all. Michonne too, and without the two adults, they would be addressed by these strange men. Unless they left them be, which she seriously doubted.

"What about this guy?" Ella asked, motioning towards the man just outside their window.

"I don't know," Carl had noticed stranger by now, and by the way his hand tensed, Ella realized his presence was disturbing him, as well. "My Dad will do something."

No matter how much she wanted to believe that Rick could save them, Ella knew they were beyond out numbered. There was only four of them, and a lot more other fully grown men. Not to mention that Rick was still injured from their last battle at the prison. Now they had to face these people next, just proving that in their world, humans could turn into many different forms of evil, walker or not.