liv. poison tree

FIFTY-FOUR,
poison tree

FIFTY-FOUR,poison tree

⋆

THERE WAS A CERTAIN ASPECT OF LOVE, that not many took the respected time to understand.

Except, Ella supposed one must of had to be in love, to recognize this addicting thrill.

There was a specific beauty, to the sensation. When life evolved into a shade of color, that had never been transparently manifested, to the human eye. It was a new promise of emotion, despite being a rather old experience, to some. In regards to lingering connection, that could relate to the entities of the sun and moon. Perhaps, even grander, than the force of gravity, hauling their feet down towards the center of Earth. It was smoldering, however, comfortingly distant, to the mortal skin. Each ripple of admiration, it could burn, in such a way as the ablaze core of the planet did, to those who lingered far too long, with a grim curiosity.

Those foolish enough to pay the price of such fondness though, never minded the torment. Love had been worth every single, scorched blaze, for those entranced by its spell knew, there would always be a comfort, at the end of such afflicting travails.

That was what Ella found to be so exciting about the sensation, how contradicting it could be — for, love would always make absolutely, and positively, no sense.

Considering how the nauseating affair was prone to inflict pain upon its victims, it was fair to assume how the sensation continued to be such a mystery, to any given, basic outsider. As, no rational being would ever willingly sign themselves off to voluntarily torture, in which was promised to induce a series of unfathomable consequences. One had to truly experience the emotion, to devote themselves to an afflicted life with such urgency — seeing as, only they knew the equivalent exchange for pain, and the glorified pieces to love that were often overlooked, and never clear.

After all, there were many instances in her life, that Ella remained oblivious to, until she began the one her naïve self once struggled to understand.