xii. our goodbye

TWELVE,
our goodbye

TWELVE,our goodbye

⋆

( one day before the prison fall )

THE MINUTE THE GOLDEN sun peaked out of the morning horizon, Ella Samuels was, naturally, already wide awake.

It was a big day, after all.

As finally, rumors of previous sick patients leaving the isolated cell blocks were coming true, meaning that her younger sibling would eventually be released from the infected ward. That was a good enough reason for the girl to visit her sister, yet, it was mostly so that she could get more information about when she would be leaving, hopefully, all cured of whatever virus had tainted her system.

Not only that, but she found herself dreadfully missing her sister, after being separated for many days by now.

That was how she found herself here, where a wall of glass was the only barrier between Ella and her younger sister, Lizzie. It was the only practical safety measure to stop the infection from spreading, even if the medicine for all the patients had already arrived.

"Are you feeling any better?" Ella asked the girl, moving the chair closer to the thick glass.

Lizzie nodded, "Mhm. Hershel and the others are taking good care of me."

"That's good. I bet you'll be out in no time."

"I think so, Hershel said I could leave as soon as tomorrow. My symptoms weren't as bad as the others."

Ella smiled, internally overjoyed that she would finally be able to see her sister again, finally outside of the glass box. Their previous talking spot was destroyed during the small attack a few days ago from their current state, so therefore, they were talking through another of the few booths. At first, she was beyond worried, knowing Lizzie had to see the small uprising of the dead a day prior. But thankfully, she was safe, and had received no bites or scratches from the sudden walkers.