One

"You're a hero."

"June I'm the villain."

"You're not a villain Maze."

"You think that because I would set the whole world on fire just for you."

"That makes you the hero."

"Only in your story."

"Mazikeen and June get your asses to my office!" A deep voice roared over the speakers in the gym.

"Shit, what did you do to get us in trouble now?" June rolled her eyes shoving me off the punching bag.

"Nothing, your stupid ass definitely got us into this mess." I glared back, but it quickly faded as we broke out into a fit of laughter.

I grabbed a towel as I pushed the cold steel door of the gym open. My shoulder-length raven-colored hair stuck to the back of my neck and heat radiating off my body. I walked in smooth long strides towards the center of the mansion. June followed behind and stretched her arms out.

We got to the glossed oak doors of Boss's office and both June and I took a deep breath. There are three outcomes to this situation. One, we have a new assignment. Two, Boss is going to slowly torture us or kill us. Third, the Russians did something and he needs someone to yell at.

I shook off my nerves and knock on the office door. Once Boss's voice sounded through the door I entered with June at my hip.

"Ladies it is about time." He glared at our attire. "Why are you two a sweaty mess?"

"Gym, Boss," I answered with the most confidence I could manage. While I had no problem staring into the eyes of a man while I shot him, Boss was different.

"Excellent. I supposed you have heard about what those Russians have been up to?" Boss growled out.

"Mr. Cassio, can you inform us?" June chimed in. I shot her death stare. She knew we were only allowed to refer to him as Boss. He was already on edge, and with the Russians, in motion, I knew a mission was coming. What I don't need is to have to find a new partner on such short notice when she gets us killed.

"June. Shut the fuck up before I get Mazikeen to rip out your fingernails like she did the last time you acted up."

"Sorry Boss." She responded with a stone face.

He stood up from behind his large dark desk and filed through the papers until he found a photo and a folder. He tossed it back on the desk in front of us.

"Ladies you have proven to me countless times that you two are worthy of my utmost respect. No matter how much of a headache you can be sometimes." He looked at June. "In that file, you will see a photo of your next two targets. Oleg and Pavel. They are low in the Russian chain, for my two skilled assassins I trust that you can handle them on your own." He raised an eyebrow.

"Boss, I am confident that we can get this done within the week," I responded while still looking at the photos of Oleg and Pavel.

Boss looked over to the wall of his office. Most of the wall had notes and Russian secrets pinned to the wall, but next to it was 47 photos. Each with a bloody dagger pinning it on the all. These photos are of all the Russians that Boss had us kill and the head was brought back to him with a dagger inside. His favorite trademark.

"Mazikeen and June, together you two have brought me some of my favorite heads back. You always manage a clean cut. Now starts the finale. You two will be working your way through their Mafia, up the ranks. So I want each of you to take a dagger and bring me back the head of Oleg and Pavel. I will hang more on my wall until I have Nikolai's head."