Ten

I could barely sleep last night. My body felt like it was on fire with anticipation. It had been three weeks since my last killing. I felt like a starved animal in need of release and action. I craved the fear in people's eyes right before I make them take their last breath in my presence. Today I would be killing at least five people. Shade and I agreed to each kill 3 hand picked soldiers and one of the Caporegimes. I also plan on being the person that drives my favorite dagger through Nikolai wife's heart this evening.

Boss had called a meeting for just Shade and I to go over the plan once more. Now it was time to execute the plan. I had my folder with my cover and the information about the men I will be killing tonight. I was buzzing with energy and my skin felt raw waiting for the familiar texture of blood to coat it.

I was born and bred to kill, getting to serve my purpose, was like an addiction. I would never get tired of killing. I was suffering from withdrawals and nearly beating half of these men to the brink of death was not cutting it anymore. I desired a corpse beneath me, tonight I would get it. No matter what.

June offered to do my makeup for the dance. Mrs. Isabella had already dropped of a floor length sparkly silver dress. It had a long slit that would surely show off my legs. My thigh strap that I wore that usually held my knives had to be moved higher up to not show up through the dress. I would still have plenty of access when the time is right.

I had the dress on and June helped me to pin it in the back to make it hug my upper body. The drees flowed softly out from my body as it went down. I was given shiny midnight black heels that match perfectly with my hair. June applied heavy makeup over the most recent scar Shade had left on my cheek, everywhere else she just added a little powder or cream. My hair was straightened and a swipe of scarlet lipstick ran over my lips. I had no jewelry, coat, or purse. Underneath my dress was a small radio, camera, serval knives and a gun.

"You look stunning Maze." June clapped.

"Sorry, but soon enough this will all be drenched in filthy Russian blood."

"You have a gift for ruining everything precious."

"Born that way June." I laughed.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand leading me into the hallway. We ran into Sara who was mopping the floors.

"Aww Mazikeen, you are so beautiful." She began to tear up.

"Thank you Sara. I know it is not my usual attire, but anything for the mission." I said while lifted the side of my dress with slit to show off the daggers strapped to my thigh. She simply laughed and went back to mopping.

We met up with Shade and Carlos in Boss's office. Shade was dressed in a dark black suit with a pure white shirt underneath that had the top buttons undone. He looked put together while also comfortable. His hair was gelled down but left a slight mess.

The whole room was buzzing with talk about tonight. Men were stationed all around on computers and tablets. At Boss's desk was Ultan chewing on a pen and staring at the blueprints as he circled different parts. Boss was talking with Mrs. Isabella in the corner when her ice blue eyes found me and she brought her hands over her mouth.

"Maze! You look dropped dead gorgeous honey!" She screamed while tugging at my dress and walking around me. Her eyes then found Shade and she screamed again. "Shay, I didn't know you would clean up so nicely. If only you didn't have all those scars you would be perfection."

"Thank you Mrs. Isabella." Shade shot me a glare when she mentioned the scar. I had given him the one over his eye when we were much younger. There are also ones all over his chest that my blades have caused.