Eight

"Mazikeen, June, Shade, and Carlos, my office. Dress to kill." Boss's voice rang over the intercoms that were put into our dorms. 

It was seven in the morning, and Boss was already wanting our presence. I rolled out of bed and brushed my teeth. 

The cuts on my face were healing quite nicely and a beautiful scar was starting to form. I brushed out my knotted hair and slipped on my black suit. The pants hugged my body and my top was pressed to my skin, but the material was still soft enough to allow my to move around. I put on my black combat boots and loaded in all of my knives.

June had pulled her blonde hair into a tight ponytail. She had loose fitting pants and a cropped tight shirt. We were dressed in midnight black and ready to hed to Boss's office. In the hall we found Shade and Carlos, both dress in similar dark clothing. We walked silently until we were in the presence of Boss. 

Boss's usually open office was crowded with people from the Irish and Italian mafia. Men lined the walls and the testerone levels were sky high. Boss and Ultan were seated behind his desk and their heirs next to them. 

"Men, you remember Shade and Mazikeen from the fights?" Ultan gestured towards us. "Next to them are their partners for their individual teams." 

A series of grunts and rumbles came from the men in the office. They all looked to Shade and I. Most likely remembering how we killed two men in front of them without weapons. 

"Shade, you are a great leader and have excellent hand to hand combat skills that can overcome any and all opponents. Mazikeen, you are a ruthless killer and I have never seen someone as good with knives as you." 

"Thank you Boss." Shade and I spoke with a slight bow of our heads. 

"Shame you two fuckers have too much pride or competition between the two of you to be on the same damn team!" Ultan yelled at us. 

"Ultan." Boss scolded. "These are my prized killers. They can put a simple rivalry behind them for sake of the mission." 

"You have seen these two snap a man's neck and plunged out another's eyes. Not to mention that those bloody daggers on the wall all came from either Shade or Mazikeen." Marcello said while looking over to the wall of Boss's office that showcased all of Shade and I's Russian kills. 

"Ultan these two could definitely work on the same team together." Boss chimed in. 

"Well," Ultan brought his hands together. "You two will be leading one team together. The four of you in total."

"Have a seat." Boss ordered. There were only three spaces left and June and Carlos took their own seats leaving Shade and I to share. 

I held my mouth in a tight line while I put half of my body on the seat and Shade slide in next to me. I hated having to share a seat with him, but this seemed to make Boss happy. 

"Look at them getting along." Monte mocked. I shot him a glare that Boss didn't notice. 

"Here is the plan." Ultan laid a blueprint of a building out onto the table in front of us. "Next week a charity ball will be taking place. Nikolai is the host due to his role in the community. All of his legal businesses are high tax payers causing them hold the most influence. We will be attending this party for a number of reasons."

Boss cut in. "Mazikeen and Shade, being assassins and not holding true positions in the mafia, you two are invisible. You do not exist to the Russians as there is no record of you at all. You two can go to the ball without gaining any suspicion. As the most skilled of the four of you, you will be in the center, mingling with the guests." 

"From here, my men will me monitorer all guests that enter and exit. As well as any technology that gets turned on during the ball." Ultan continued. 

"Your mission is to kill a group of handpicked soldiers, two Caporegimes, and Nikolai's wife. You two will not return to my sight until all have been killed." Boss spoke harshly. "Nikolai took my only daughter from me, killed her with a single bullet shot to the head. I want one of you to do the same to his wife. Mercilessly of course." 

"Boss, what is our role?" June raised her hand off her lap.

"June and Carlos. You will be tasked with retrieving the arm of a Caporgemine. On their arm is a tattooed code. This allows for a cracking of their fire wall. Among this task I also want you to plant bugs on Nikolai himself. I need to hear all that I can." Boss said while tossing a metal box on the table. 

June reached forward and opened the box to find body radios and bugs that can be slipped into the pocket of any person. Carlos took half. 

"June and Carlos. I also need eyes everywhere. Some of the mafia will enter the party to keep an eye on all of the specific targets while Mazikeen and Shade kill them off. You two will be dressed as waiters." Marcello spoke while looking at the blue print over his father's shoulder. 

"Mazikeen and Shade, your covers will be discussed at your rehearsal at a later time-"

"Rehearsal Boss?" Shade cut him off. 

"For ballroom dancing of course. While you and Mazikeen are skilled fighters and have numerous martial art skills, you have never danced in a ballroom. If you are decent, you draw less attention." 

"So Shade and I would-"

"Have to dance together?" Shade finished.

"That's right. You guys are going to have to get up all close and personal to each other in a nonviolent way for once. Are you up for it?" Monte teased. 

"Always Sir." I nodded. 

"Excellent. You two will enter in the northern entrance will all the other ball guests. June and Carlos will go through the south entrance with the other waitstaff. Ultan's men will remain here at the Cassio mansion to man the computers and my men will be standing on the elevated platforms located near the ceiling of the ball room. There are skylights which allow for us also to put camera to watch the area as a whole." Boss added. 

Ultan leaned back in his seat with a smirk on his face. "You two seem rather uncomfortable." He said while pointing to Shade and I's seating arrangement.

"With respect Sir this seat is made for only one person." Shade answered while shoving my leg over more underneath the desk. I kicked his shin back and he remained still. 

"Well, I think I should let you know that your covers are rather intimate." Utlan smiled.

"Elaborate Sir." I asked. 

"Shade will be a young CEO of a nearby business corporation and you, Mazikeen, will be his arm candy that he hired for the event." 

I slowly nodded my head. "Shade and I are professionals, we can handle this and kill the targets."

"I certainly hope so." Marcello warned. "If not and you return without killing them and putting them on our trail, I will be killing you myself and wiping your backs raw." 

Shade and I stood from our seats with stone faces. Boss nodded his head and allowed us to exit the room. June and Carlos stayed behind to get their devices prepped. 

In the hallway Shade grabbed into my arm digging his fingers in. "You better not screw this up Kenny."

"You better stay out of my way then." I pulled my arm and headed off into the direction of the gym. I needed to get out my frustrations. 

Author:

Like, comment, and share my darlings!

xoxoxo

Ballroom dancing. Seems kind of Disney. Anyway, thanks for reading thus far. Love ya:)