Fourteen

My throat was dry and scratchy. I licked my chapped lips and opened my eyes to a dirty cloth. Roped dug into my wrists and ankles. Cold wood touch my legs and back. I could tell that I was no longer in my dress, just my undergarments covered me. With my bare feet I rubbed the cement floor below me. I twisted my head from side to side as a door creak caught my attention.

"I am glad to see that you are awake." A feminine voice spoke while her heels clicked next to me. I knew that voice. It could have been a forgettable one.

"Hello Mrs. Wellison." I spit venom after every word.

"Ah, so you know who I am, but I still don't know you. I am assuming your not Katherine Sosa."

"I am."

She huffed out a breathe and ripped the cloth off my eyes. I looked down to see that all my weapons were still missing, I was almost naked, and covered in dried blood. I looked up at her frustrated eyes and couldn't help to smile at her weak attempt to be intimidating. "Aw, you didn't make me all pretty again. I was hoping you would have retouched my makeup." I said sarcastically while faking a frown.

That earned me a slap across the face. Worth it. She doesn't hit hard enough to even make my head move anyway.

"Now, Katherine, why don't you tell what you were doing at the party and what happened to six of our soldiers and our 2 best Caporegimes."

I didn't even look at her. She could try to hurt me all she wants, but she doesn't have the nerve to actually do damage. She must have tied the knot because as she is pacing back and forth, I have already slipped one hand free.

"Rose I don't know what you want." I rolled my eyes and freed my second hand. I started on my feet when she started to talk again.

"I want to know who you are. Well, mostly I need to know who Spencer Crane really is. He killed those men right?"

"No clue, I just fuck him." My feet are free, but she doesn't notice.

"Corporate. I know you didn't kill them. Look at you." She sighed disgustedly.

Really bitch? I was going to just beat her up a bit, but now I am going to kill her just to prove a point. I looked behind her to see a window, small and covered with dust, but large enough to fit a normal human through.

My plan was set, now I just need to kill this one. "Rose. You were nice at the party, but I am going to have to break your neck now." I smiled.

"What?" Her voice was low and she took cautious steps towards the large iron door.

"I am a monster after all." I stood from the chair and the roped fell to my feet.

In a quick three-step move I was right in front of her. Rose was in shock and didn't try to move. It's not as fun when they give up, but makes this easier.

I punched her face once. A crack sound came and her hands rose to her bleeding nose. I lifted my filthy hands to her head and looked in her worn eyes one more time.

"Cassio," I whispered.

"You Bitch!"She screamed before I twisted her neck and she fell at my feet.

I looked to the window. It was high on the wall but, I should be able to get my hand up there. As I smashed the wooden chair against the concrete wall, the iron door opened again and two large men came in. Both in suits and guns strapped to their sides.

"Fuck. I was so close to getting away." I mocked.

"I heard Mrs. Wellison scream-" he looked to her dead body. "I am going to have fun killing you."

The broken chair pieces were now in my hands and I stood between them. One of the men took their gun out and pointed it straight for my head. They exchanged quiet words as large sinister grins broke out on their faces.

"We are going to have some fun first." One man growled.

I gripped my wood piece tighter as they surrounded me. I kicked one across the face and tried to impale the other, but soon I was being crushed in their arms. I thrashed against their grip.

Both men we very large and built like tanks. As much as I hated to admit it to myself, Shade would be really useful. My head collided with the man's face and his grip loosened as the other man punched me right in the cheek.

My cheek dripped with blood and started to cover the layer of dried blood I had on me. The room started to spin and my bra was ripped from my body. Blood seeped into my head after they shoved me to the ground. They held down my ankles and the other had my wrists and head pinned.

"Such a good fuck you're going to be." He licked his lips.

In his eyes he had the nerve to kill. The vicious demon that could destroy cities. No matter how dangerous this man may be, I am worse.

The man leaned over my body and wrapped his large hand around my neck. It was tight enough to keep me submissive, but not enough to get me unconscious.

"I want this to be your last memory before I kill you."

I closed my eyes and bit my lip. I waited for the pain, searing pain as he would rip me apart. Instead, glass shattered around me. Two shots sounded followed but the familiar sound of falling bodies. I didn't move, everything happened so fast. I pinched my eyes tighter as rough hands lifted me off the ground.

"Kenny open your eyes."

I opened them to Shade's bored face. He was still in his dress pants but only had his white dress shirt on. Accompanied with tired eyes, messy hair, and my knives. I couldn't help it, I hugged him. I actually hugged the asshole, well maybe just a prick. He saved me so I'll slow down the insults.

"Thank you," I whispered against his chest.

"Get the fuck off me." He shoved my shoulders back. I looked at his face to see a red tint on his cheeks, as he avoided eye contact.

I remembered that I was topless, but I wasn't embarrassed. It was common for us to see each other naked; in the communal bathrooms especially.

"Here." He tossed me his white dress shirt to cover myself with.

I was still bleeding and covered in blood, so the once nice white became dark red. I looked to find that my bra was in way too much damage to be worn. I walked over to the broken window and lifted myself up and out with my hands. Shade followed behind.

Winter was in high effect. Snow-covered the ground and the sky was light grey with the possibility of more. I walked to a sign out in front of me.

It was only a stop sign, so that was no help at all. Shade chuckled from behind me.

"What?" I hissed.

"I thought that you could handle yourself and you don't need me. 'Stay out of my way' were your exact words I believe."

"In that single isolated instant, yes. You were helpful. I already thanked you and I will never repeat it."

He rolled his eyes and headed off in another direction. I stumbled behind him, hitting my frozen feet on rocks. I cursed under my breath as I cut my feet on the ground and the cold air made my spine shake.

"I can't stand you," Shade growled under his breath. He lifted me off the ground and over his shoulder. "We have somewhere to be and things to talk about."

"I can walk." I started to kick.

"Stop fucking moving." He pressed down on my bare legs holding them tight to his body.

"Thank you." It was barely audible, but of course this arrogant son of a bitch heard me.

"Kenny has manners, who knew?" He laughed.

Author:

Like, Comment, and Share my Darlings!

<3

Another update, well overdue.