Five

"Kenny, get up."

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I looked to see a very angry Shade above me. He was already glaring at me and I didn't even get the chance to annoy him yet. I wasn't paying attention, but his voice started to carry. This man was really yelling at me already. I closed my eyes and my left arm shot out from underneath the blanket. It landed a solid punch that he wasn't expecting. He drew in a deep breath of air.

"Shut up Shade."I leaned forward. "Why are you here right now?"

"Against my protests, Boss says I need to prep you."

"I have killed many man before."

"Have you ever killed a man without any weapons?"

"No, only women."

"I have killed 27 people single handedly and 8 of those were with no weapon."

"Fine. I guess I will allow you to help me."

"If you die and Boss finds out I didn't help you then he kills me. I don't want to see you in hell to soon. Hopefully you have time to sit down there a rot for a little before I go."

"If I do die today, by the time Boss cuts off your head, I will already be running hell. You would have to bow down to me."

"Never happening."He grabbed a knife off my table and threw it into the wall directly above my head. I felt it cut off a few strands. "Now get your ass up and meet me in the gym in ten. If you're late, I will make it worse than it already is."

I dressed in my black shorts and sports bra. I washed my face with water and brushed my teeth. I looked up to locked eyes with my forest green ones. These eyes reminded me of my parents. Even though I have never met them, I think one of them had these eyes. I licked my lips and grabbed my tape.

I jogged through the hallway on my way to the gym. I taped my hands in tight black bandages and taped my knee for extra support.

"Mazikeen." Boss called after me.

I came to a stop and dipped my head before him. "Yes Boss?"

"I really like you as an assassin. Since you have joined, you have proven yourself a tough fighter and a ruthless killing among all your male peers. I wish you the best of luck today and I hope you kill the bastard."

"Thank you Boss." I bowed and ran down the hallway.

I entered the gym to a sweaty Shade. His tattooed chest shined under the gym lights and he was lifting some lighter dumbbells. I could tell these were the new ones he had asked Boss for. I walked in without a word and started to stretch out my legs. Shade stood and opened up the extra soft mats and covered the padded gym floor with them.

"Here." He snapped his fingers ordering me to go to him like a dog.

"I am not a dog, don't snap at me."

"You're actually a bitch, but I still have to help you. Here."

I rolled my eyes but walked over to him. Shade reached out and squared my shoulders to his.

"I am going to try to help you without punching you. So don't piss me off and we can get through this."

I simply nodded my head. I looked down at my hands and pressed the tape down. Shade snapped his fingers and pointed back to his face.

"Keep eye contact. Now the opponent is bigger than you and stronger. Meaning there is no physical way you can out muscle this man. Your only chance at getting the opportunity for a kill shot is to get on his blind side. You do this with swift movements and using his large size against him."

"I have fought men before."

Shade rolls his eyes and clenches his fists. "Listen. When you have your weapons, you can swivel behind your opponent and stab or shoot them and you win. In this case, you need to get behind them and snap their neck. That is your best option."

I nodded and moved to take Shade's attacks. He slowly pushed his fist towards me. Automatically I grabbed his wrist and pulled it close to my body. I move to close combat, but Shade pulled his arm back.

"Incorrect. Close combat gives him the chance to over power you."

"Again."

Shade pushes his fist out once more and this time I grab his wrist and pull it to my side and spin myself around until I am on his backside. I quickly drive my fist into his kidneys and kick out his legs. He falls and my feet and I stand above him. I move my arm to reach for my knife that is usually at my thigh. Shade notices and puts a hand on my ankle dropping me to the ground. He gets to his knees and presses and open hand to my stomach.

"You're dead. You don't have your weapons. Your tactic was a good one, but go for the neck shot."

I scrabble to my feet and Shade slowly stands. He walks over to the bar we have mounted to the wall. Shade stretches out his calves and I stand next to join him. I swing my leg up onto the bar and stretch out my hips.

"You are going for the neck shot?"

"Definitely. I am going to kill him. He is abnormally large but this is prep for when Boss moves Carlos and I through the Russian ranks."

"You guys are moving through the ranks?"

"Yes, one day we will kill Nikolai."

"Boss said we were moving through the ranks."

"No." He breathed out.

As if on cue Boss walked through the door. He was wearing his best maroon suit and his hair was gelled into place.

"Mazikeen and Shade, I just came to wish you good luck before your matches in the next hour."

"Boss, is my team or Shade's team killing throughout the Russian ranks?"

"I was planning on telling you in a different setting, but as the targets get more high profile, I planned on combining both of your teams. A squad of four with my best leading."

"We would go on missions with Mazikeen and June?"

"That's correct. Why do you think I wanted you two to get along? Together you and Mazikeen will kill Nikolai."

Boss nodded and left the gym I turned back to Shade, a scowl on his face.

"I don't take orders from anyone but Boss."

"And I don't work with pussies, but I guess somethings will have to change."

Author:

Like, comment, and share my darlings

Xoxoxo

Teamwork makes the dream work unless that team runs on blood and aggression. Oh well guess you'll have to wait and see how the team works.