Twenty-five

Shade and I had cleared out the remaining mafia members. Maids, cooks, guards, mindless yes men were all put to death. All of them had roles that seem to play in our lives. The bodies were soon all moved into the office we set to burn as well.

Even though it was still dark outside we weren't lacking on light.

"What about Monte? He is the last loose end?" I questioned Shade as we headed to the chamber.

"I brought him too. He is tied up for safety reasons but I've never had a problem with the guy." Shade spoke over his shoulder as he kicked the door open with his foot.

Surely inside, positioned on three metal chairs was Boss, Mrs. Isabella, and Monte. Boss was roughed up with a torn shirt messy grey hair and small bruises on his face. Mrs. Isabella looked disheveled with her usual black hair knotted. She was lifting her feet a few inches off the ground to avoid dropping them in June's blood, whose body was still lying in the corner.

Monte surprised me though. He was wearing some sweatpants, his hair was a little messy from sleep, but other than that he had a million-dollar smile on his face.

"Kenny and Shay nice to see you too again." Monte greeted shooting me a wink. "That dress does wonders for your curves sweetheart."

"Always the charmer Monte." I rolled my eyes.

"What can I say, I like the crazy ones." He blew me a kiss.

"Monte Cassio, you are really flirty with the psychos that have killed everyone in this house and set our home on fucking fire!" Boss yelled.

"Yeah, Dad. I'm not afraid. I haven't done anything bad to these two, you probably have, and let's be honest mom can be a bitch."

"Son, how could you say that about your dear mother?"

"You aren't my mother."

"Yes, I am." Mrs. Isabella scoffed.

"Please, while I was railing the new maid in dad's office I saw the bottom drawer was open. It never is. So I retracted myself-" He smirked at Shade. "-and went through it. Turns out I'm not blood after all."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shade raised his voice taking a step towards them.

"Shut up son or I'll kill you with my two cold hands."

"Sure, if Maze lets you live that long."

"Enough with the family fucking reunion! I want to clear the polluted air." I spoke walking up to Boss. "Listen up Leon. I know what I am, who my family was, and all your dirty laundry." I backhanded his face just for the hell of it.

"You know nothing Maze!" Mrs. Isabella raised her voice at me.

My eyes snapped to her. I narrowed my vision and pinched her chin in my fingers. As I spoke my pressed my nails deeper into her skin. "You knew. You called me your child, that you loved and cared for me, but you didn't. I found comfort in your company."

I twisted her head towards June's lifeless body. "I can't believe you could be so cruel to your best friend." She wept.

"Stop fucking crying I can't stand it." I released her face that now was red from where my fingers had restrained her. "You'll die last."

I walked back to Boss. He had a cold stare and was trying to find a break in my demeanor. "I should have drowned you in a tub or your parent's blood." He spat at me.

"You know Cassio, I want you to hang as you did me. Shade would you mind?" I looked over my shoulder.

"Can I hang both?"He smiled.