Nineteen

"It's just around the block." Shade whispered.

The warehouse was clearly still in use. Smoke was coming out of the chimney and water drain from pipes like every other building in the city. It started to rain on our way there, Shade and I were now both drenched in water.

"Windows are blacked out and rust is covering the whole thing." I mumbled.

"To anyone else it definitely looks like an abandoned warehouse." His eyes roamed over the gray building before us.

A large steel door swung open. Two men came out first followed by Nikolai and his still very much alive wife. Both in dark clothes and scowls on their faces. They walked threw the rain and into their awaiting black Cadillacs.

Shades hand bore into my shoulder and he pulled me closer to the warehouse.

"We need to gather some clues for our next move." He sent a glare my way.

"Don't give me that look, I won't make it a blood bath if they don't push me." I winked and pull the steel door open.

The yellow lights buzzed above us and slits in the walls allowed for the outside rain to enter. The long corridor was nothing but concrete. Echoes of distant screams sounded off the walls. Blood stains were on every surface, knife marks engraved, and lost shoes on the ground.

I drew my knife and silently moved down the corridor. Every few feet there was a black door with one small square window at the top. I stood as high as I could manage to peer inside.

A man crouched in the corner. Covered in dirt and rags for clothes. His hair was shaggy and matted with blood. I jammed my blade into the lock on the door handle shoving my way inside.

His head shot up and worry clouded his red eyes. His mauled hands scrapped at the wall behind. Like a caged animal that finally noticed their predator in front of them.

Looking at his forearm a long scar was etched onto his pale skin. The Russians must have removed the tattoo, but the top was barely visible. Enough to show me that he belong to Boss's mafia.

"Hello." I spoke flatly.

"Cut me all you want Suka but I'll never break." He growled back at me.

"You apart of the Italian mafia." I slipped into Italian as his accent was to thick to understand his Russian. It came out as a statement rather than a question, but his blank face gave me the answer I was looking for.

"Hurry this up Kenny." Shade spoke into my ear.

"Boss sent us to kill Nikolai." I flashed my brand on my back to show Boss's seal. It showed that my loyalties were with the Italians.

"Then go kill the fucker." Blood dripped from his mouth.

"Can you tell us where he's headed?" Shade stepped in front of me.

"Last I heard was the Casino. Some rich people are coming and the Russians are expecting a pay day."

"Casino?"

"I was gathering intel before they got me. I was planning on setting the place to flames, but clearly that didn't happen."

I turned to Shade and whispered under my breathe. "We need to get into that Casino. Well get close enough to the Anwar's to kill them then."

Shade nodded and pulled me out of the room. He held to door open while the prisoner limb out.

"Good luck." He snickered.

"What for?"

"Something tells me it won't got to plan." With that he disappeared into the dark hallway.