Twenty Five: Literal Shots

Twenty Five

The road seemed to stretch on for an eternity , Isaline's silver car climbing along at the speed limit on the empty highway at almost seventy miles per hour , though she felt as if she were going at a snail's pace, driving through a thick container full of the thickest Jell-O.

While her body felt as if she were going nowhere quite the opposite of fast, Isa's mind was racing so quickly she could barely keep up with her own thoughts. One thing she did know was that her thoughts were all occupied by one quiet, but sexy man-vampire- full of wrath: Adrian Marquise Lew.

What was he doing?

Was he upset with her? He hadn't come to see her in days.

Has she done obliviously done something to upset him?

Isa hadn't a clue, but she hadn't seen the prevaricating man in days. He didn't think she had done anything to him, but with Adrian, Isa could never really know. Maybe he just needed some time to himself to mull over what had occurred at the restaurant he owned.

Maybe he just wasn't in the mood to see her.

Maybe he was thinking that his father, Adrian Senior, was right after all.

God, that hurt.

But then again, Isa had spoken with him on the phone on several different occasions and he seemed to be just fine.

Either way, Isa was sure he was probably agreeing with what his father had said. Maybe he was tired of being with some measly, twisted human who liked to spend her spare time in a section of the museum dedicated to some of the most twisted works of art.

Maybe he no longer felt the pull that she felt with him, growing more powerful any time he was near.

Maybe that was all one sided now.

Maybe he figured he deserved better than she could give; he didn't want such an innocent woman like Isa. He wanted someone he didn't have to teach all the things that he wanted to do and have done to him. He wanted someone who wasn't as sheltered as she had been.

She could definitely see that.

I didn't even know what sitting on someone's face was until he showed me!

No matter what maybe out of the seemingly infinite list of them-them being excuses- Isaline Ford had constructed, she was taking any of them. If he didn't want her, then damn it, he would tell her to her face. Adrian Lew , being the quiet, yet characteristically contradicting outspoken man he was, would tell her in person he was done with her.

He was being a bit standoffish though.

With a swift shake of her head, Isa sighed as she pulled into her bookstore, grabbing her purse, and climbing out, momentarily pushing all nagging thoughts of Adrian aside as she got ready to open for the day.

Later that afternoon, Kenny clocked in, and minutes later, the store phone rang. He ran to pick it up, answering with a cheerful, "Sweetie's Bookstore, this is Kenny, how may I help you?"

Isa watched a he roamed around the store, her eyes following him as he grabbed two of the expensive, black leather bound sketchbooks before bringing them to the front, nudging Isa gently out his way as he spoke, "Would you like me to hold these for you, or are you paying right now and getting them later?"

Isa sat, watching in a slight form of awe as Kenneth handled the register and caller simultaneously with more ease than even the twenty year old Katie who had been with her for over two years.