Nine: I (Don't) Have a Crush on You

Nine

Isa was lying on the couch, fighting her fatigue so that she could watch the ending of the romance movie that was on while Adrian was out running his errands. Just when it got to the good, sad, tear jerking part, Adrian waltzed into her house, dropping the duffel bag of his clothes by the door, before walking over to the sick Isaline.

She was still down with an extreme cold, and felt as if she were dying.

"Why are you up, Isa? You're supposed to be in the bed." He asked in that calm, quiet voice of his as he plopped down on the couch, taking the remote from her grip and flipping it to another movie channel, an action movie, right at the end when the male lead was about to confess his love for his female counterpart. Isa's jaw dropped as she glared at him, "Adrian, I was watching that, it was almost done!" She screamed, her blocked nasal passages making her sound off.

"My bad," He mumbled with a lift of the corner of his lips, grabbing her waist and pulling the small woman into his lap, wrapping one arm around her waist while the other reached over the side of the couch, handing her the sixth box of tissue she had been on, marking now her third day of having the damned cold.

Isa groaned, blowing her nose loudly before looking up at the vampire who was engrossed in the movie, "When are you leaving?" she asked after some minutes of silently admiring his beauty. He was hands down the most handsome man Isa had ever met, and she was mesmerized by him, "Adrian?"

"Hmm?" He hummed, his stone eyes glancing down at her.

"When are you leaving?" Isa asked again, wiggling on his lap to become more comfortable, she didn't miss the deep groan that emitted from his chest.

He never answered her, just pulled her body tighter against his, leaning back onto the couch, and turning back to the movie while his right hand wandered up and down her back in a slow trail that sent a line of fire down Isa's back, anywhere his fingers touch, and straight to her core.

How can such an innocent touch make me want him so bad? Isa wondered, finally relaxing her stiff frame and resting her head against Adrian's chest as she started to watch the action movie, her tiny fingers pressed against the hard skin of his chest.

Just when Isa finally succumbed to her medicine induced fatigue, her eyes sliding closed, she felt his lips press to the crown of her head through the head scarf she was wearing. Isa froze as he nuzzled into her head, her heart pounding out of her chest as she pulled away from him, her plump lips parted in shock as she pressed her hand to where he had so sweetly brushed his lips to her head.

It was a silent exchange between the two as Isa stared at Adrian in shock and confusion, while his face went from relaxed to shock-as if he was shocked himself at the sweet gesture- then fell void of any emotion as he glared at her, his eyes stone.

It didn't seem like a big deal, but the only time Adrian kissed Isa was when she was about to be laid down, spread out, and thoroughly fucked, and those kisses were never gentle or sweet, they were passionate and deep and rough and lustful. Those kisses left Isa with bruised lips and other various appendages and with a lust so powerful she forgot how to walk, talk, and breathe.

That wasn't how Isa felt then. She felt tingly and confused, and....and light? She didn't know, but the simple gesture left her reeling. Was Adrian sick? That had to be it, because he would never do something so adorable.

What was that?

Just when Isa opened her mouth to voice her opinions, Adrian pushed her onto her back, hovering over her as he glowered angrily at the woman, "Shut the fuck up," He hissed before she could even speak.