Twenty One: But Wait! There's More!

Twenty One

"How can I be happy with something that I have no clue what it is?" Yeah we fuck, but what else?"

"She's too fucking smart, Leo," Adrian told his best friend, plopping down on the edge of Leonardo's bed with a groan, late that night after Isa had fallen asleep curled up in his chair, a book pressed to her chest. He had put her in his bed, stared at her for a few hours, then went to talk to his best friend, "She keeps going on about what else is there for us. She knows I left something out,"

Leo sighed, then shrugged, "What are you asking me for brother, because the last time you came to me with some shit about her, I said something you didn't like, you got mad, and cheated on your mate. That girl has to be the sweetest thing I have ever met, so before I ruin what's almost good for you at the moment by giving you something you don't want to hear, tell me what you're asking me."

It may have sounded harsh, but Leo was right. Adrian had asked what he thought about what he was doing with Isaline, didn't like Leo's answer, and then went and found Bianca to prove him wrong.

He didn't love Isa at the time. He knew that, so he shouldn't have tried to prove it to Leo. God that plan had backfired in the worst way.

Because he did....love her.

You know how people can state what exactly it is that they love about the one they loved? Yeah, Adrian couldn't because he knew what he adored about the little monster that was upstairs, curled up against his pillows, moaning his name in her sleep, but at the same time, he had no clue what exactly it was he loved at the same time.

He was fucking infatuated, obsessed, addicted, and every other emotion that could destroy a person when they felt that way for someone else.

He just loved her. He didn't need to have a million reasons when he had one-her. He loved her for her. Nothing more, nothing less.

He didn't want anyone else. He knew that now, but now was kind of late.

Adrian sighed, shaking his head before resting his elbows on his knees, thinking long and hard about what he really was asking.

"I....I don't know," He finally murmured, staring down at his intertwined fingers, "I can't tell her. She's going to ask too many questions, questions I don't want to answer."

"So she has to suffer because you're afraid to dig up the old shit?"

"I..."

Leo's inquisitive green eyes landed on Adrian as he knew he had gotten to the root of his long time friend's problem, "You don't want to tell her."

Adrian still didn't say anything, before groaning, covering his face with his hands, "Why should she have to know?"

"Because you're making her suffer, Ade, you're being selfish!" Leo snapped, "If you loved her at all-which I know you do, whether you want to admit it or not- You'll stop hurting that woman, tell her what a mate it, not that bullshit you made up, tell her about what happened . She'll understand, and she'll finally know the truth. You two could be happy right now-"

"We are happy!" Adrian snapped, "Hell we're doing better than we ever have right now!"

Leo scoffed, his eyes flashing, "But what happens when she pisses you off, and you throw her across the room again, or you bite her, huh?"

Adrian flinched at that, closing his eyes as he whispered a weak, indefinite, "I won't."

"You don't even believe that," Leonardo snapped, crossing his legs as he leaned back against the headboard, "Tell her the truth, man." He finally said quietly, "I mean... I know you won't, you're too fucking stubborn, but don't wait until it's too late. Don't count on her not being able to leave you, because both you and I know that she will get fed up sooner or later."