Seventeen: Sorry, Really

This is a 5.58k word chapter, hope you guys like it :)

Seventeen

Isa was sitting at her desk, responding to an email about her coming to a city fundraiser and having a tent there when she heard her door open. Assuming it was Ryan, she didn't look away from her computer as she continued her response, "Yeah, Ry?"

"It's Kenny," Ken responded, leaning against her doorway as he spoke, "Adrian just walked in, but I asked him to wait while I checked if it was okay with you before he came back because I know you guys aren't on the best terms right now."

She couldn't help but smile at the teenager who she had practically adopted as her younger brother. He was so considerate, her little body guard. He sensed that Isa and Adrian were going through things right when things started to go left, and he tried to protect as best as he could. He was always like that with her, since he was younger and couldn't even do anything.

It was the sweetest thing Isa had seen and she thought it was adorable. "Did he say what he wanted?" She asked softly, leaning back in her chair as she massaged her fingers which were slightly aching.

Kenny shrugged, running his hands over his short, blond hair, his eyes dancing, "No, just that he wanted to see you,"

Isa groaned, rolling her eyes before nodding, "Yeah, I guess. Thanks for warning me," She smiled, spinning around in her seat as she watched Kenneth walk back through to the front of the store.

About a minute later, Adrian waltzed into her office, his hands deep into his pockets as he sat down in the chair opposite of her desk and crossed his legs, his silver eyes appraising her as he did so, "You look nice, Isaline." He murmured.

"Thanks, so do you," Isa responded, and he really did.

He had on a pair of dark jeans and a gray dress shirt, the first couple of buttons undone, giving Isa a peek at his naturally tanned, muscled chest. That onyx hair was resting against his collar, and his eyes were shining as he watched her appraise him, pink lips pulled into a thin smile. Her mouth was watering.

Adrian chuckled at Isa, making her blush, then giggle herself, "Sorry," She whispered, biting her lip, his eyes pulling her in, in that way only those stone eyes of his could, to the point where she couldn't look away, not that she wanted to.

"I'm always glad to see you, until you leave," Isa murmured, crossing her legs as she looked at her lover, "Then I get really, really bitter, and I hate that, Adrian. I hate being unhappy."

"I know," He sighed, running his fingers through his hair, "I know, Isa, and I'm sorry."

She scoffed, pulling her email back open. She didn't have time for his false apologies. He was always so damned insincere, it didn't even enter Isa's mind that he might have really been sorry.

It had been months since the drama between them had started, months since she had let him into her house and slept with him. He still followed her, and met up with her like he had now, but Isa, as much as she longed for him, refused to break first. Her pride wouldn't let her.

Almost twenty minutes later, Isa looked away from her computer, to see Adrian still sitting across from her.

"What do you want, Adrian?" She sighed, sighing tiredly as she stared at him.

Adrian's sigh mirrored hers as he broke his gaze from hers, staring off to the side for a few moments before standing up, and making his way to Isa.

"W-What are you doing?" Isa protested as she was lifted into his arms.

"Shh," Adrian whispered, holding her bridal style to his chest as he sat down in her seat before settling her on his lap.