Fifty Three: Jigsaw

Hey babies! I just wanted to thank you guys again for all the well wishes, and to tell you guys that I am SO thankful for you!♥ I really appreciate the patience as you all let me get back in the swing of things without a problem or having to rush. I'm listening to y'all,  I promise I'm taking care of myself and not putting my writing before my health, as much as I really really REALLY fucking want to. It's like, the juices get flowing the best when you feel the worst. That make sense? Oh well, it does to me, lol.  Anyways, I hope you all like this chap, and I hope y'all had a good weekend lol. I went to the bodies exhibit. good shit, man. tell me what y'all have been up to! :D 

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you." –Hozier

Not only was she quiet- more so than usual-but she didn't accept his kiss and that action alone let him know he had fucked up big time. He'd figure out exactly how in the minutes to come.

Where the hell had she disappeared off to, and why he couldn't pick up her scent? Through their bond, he could tell what she was feeling was beyond rage.

Fuck.

He needed to find her before she ended up upsetting herself so much that she started to wreck shit. She still didn't have complete control of her gift, add in the power she was manifesting from the pregnancy, and you had pure chaos. People complained about human pregnancies being unstable, but they had nothing on the supes. Isa was, and already had been a prime example of that.

After scrubbing his face with his large hands after a loud sigh left his body, Adrian made his way back inside, the slow pumping organ of his heart racing faster than it had in decades. Fear was something that Adrian was a tad bit familiar with, but not completely comfortable with as an emotion in itself. His hands were clammy, and trembling in a way he associated with weakness, and didn't appreciated being identified with.

He was halfway up the stairs to their bedroom when he caught a stronger scent. It was one he lived for. It was Isaline's; she was back in the house.

Adrian transformed into a bloodhound in less than a millisecond, and was on her trail in record time.

He found her in Adrianna's room.

At first, he was beyond livid-that was his daughter's room. She had no right to even imagine going into that room, but then, he remembered what Isaline had said about wishing she had been around to give his sweet baby girl a woman in her life to love as a mother, to be her mother, to give her a mother to love and look up to, and talk to in the way Ren would need as she grew.

That little girl, Isa called that little girl hers, claimed her as her own. Ren was hers, having met her or not. 

The rage vanished in seconds, and only left the slight heartache that came with the thought of the sweet little girl with the sable hair and the emerald orbs that touched his soul the first time he held her and looked into those eyes.

He missed that little girl so, so much.

When Adrian poked his head through the doorway, peeking in on her, she was sitting on the window seat, staring out into the darkness, one of those petite hands of hers resting on her belly. They stood, and sat, respectively in their spots, both in silence, Isaline staring out the window as Adrian stared at her. She was holding Runny, Ren's stuffed penguin, to her chest as she sat there in silence.