Thirty Seven: Vehicles and Slip-Ups

Thirty Seven

"I deserved that," she said quietly, letting her gaze fall from Adrian's and focus on the napkin on the table in front of her, folding it into little triangles, then unfolding it, only to repeat the process.

Adrian continued to eat as if nothing were wrong, which really bothered Isaline. Minutes passed, and Isa squirmed in her seat, growing more uncomfortable in the silence the longer she sat there, all the while Adrian was still sitting across from her eating like normal.

"I'm sorry Adrian," Isa told him quietly, "Really. I didn't feel like myself at all that day. "

He still wouldn't look at her, even as he stated in a bored tone, "I'm sure you are, Isaline."

Her pretty face screwed up in her confusion, "Did I do something to you?"

She didn't get an answer, and that really hurt her feelings. She didn't cry though.

"I'm bloated," She stated, patting her belly lovingly, hoping that the subject change back to the baby would grab his attention once more.

"I know."

"C-Can we go home?" She asked quietly, only to immediately be denied.

"I'm eating,"

That's when the tears started to fall. Isa got up, not bothering to excuse herself, and threw some money onto the table before she walked out to the area as calmly as she could.

"L-Leo?" She asked after being greeting with a chipper hello.

"What's up, doll face?"

Isa took a deep breath, starting up her car and pulling out of the restaurant, asking Adrian's best friend to take him home from where she just left.

"Sure thing, kid. I'll be there in the minutes."

With Adrian taken care of, Isa sped back to Mardix, to her house, and collapsed on the couch, covering her face as she tried to calm the raging sea of emotions that was beginning to take hold of her body.

Adrian was mad at her, and she felt that he had every right to be. She had ruined what was supposed to be their first date with her sour attitude. She had been so mean and that was completely out of character for her. She didn't blame Adrian at all; she hadn't been herself since she'd gotten pregnant, especially with Adrian. She just yelled at him all the time, and now he was angry with her.

Maybe this relationship really wouldn't work.

That made Isa cry even harder, she didn't know until then just how much she did want her relationship to work, to be okay, great. It was like as soon as Adrian was nice, Isa turned to shit and vice versa.

And, on top of that, she missed him. she could deal with the attachment that grew when she was at work, but being alone, not near him when he was mad at her made Isa feel sick, she couldn't help but to let her nerves get to her.

Her hands got clammy, her stomach started to knot up, and before she knew it, Isa was rushing to the bathroom closest to her and emptying the contents of her stomach.

What had gone wrong? They'd had an amazing day, and now she was alone, bent over the toilet and getting vomit in her hair because Adrian wasn't there to hold it back, to rub soothing circles into her back, to promise that she would be fine in only a few minutes.

No, she had the porcelain bowl that she was resting her head against as her only comfort.

I guess this is what I get for not keeping my attitude in check.