Chapter 6: Nice to Meet You

Erica

That bastard.

I know he saw me. I know he knew who I was.

He looked away from me.

Not my name or my status but he knew how special I was to him.

He looked at me only to look away.

How dare he?

As soon as he stepped out, I was pleased. Not only by his staus and looks but his overwhelming smell.

Why did he have to be so goodlooking?

I walked over to Ryan and told him I was going for a run. It was best if I told someone where I was going at all times. It was the only way to ensure my safetly.

"Where you going to run to?" He asked me.

"Just between the trees. I need to clear my mind." I told him sighing.

"I think I might join you."

"You don't need to."

He shifted into his chestnut colored wolf instead of giving me a reply. Even though I said I rather be alone,  he knew better than to leave me alone. Especially when I was upset. This is why he was my best friend.

His huge wolf stood over me in a defensive pose and I looked around for harm only to notice the Alpha King gone.

I ran over to the shed where clothes was kept and grabbed a shorts for Ryan and a long shirt for myself. I dropped them by feet and shifted into my midnight black wolf before grabbing the clothes in my snout and took off.

Ryan followed me but stayed behind a distance just in case I did something stupid like headbutting a tree. I was known for not thinking straight when I was angry or upset.

The up side was when I was angry, I was stronger and faster. I was more determined to do whatever needed to be accomplished.

I ran through the trees with my eyes closed. I tried to memorize in my head where each tree was. I was moving swiftly without injuring myself. It was a training all the wolves had done to test our memory.

I was the best at it.

After five minutes of running , I turned and headed to my house. It was the biggest house around, hard to miss. It was the private home for the Alpha and his family. Even when my brother became Alpha, I would still be living there.

I dropped Ryan's shorts from my snout and ran behind a tree to change.

I changed into my t-shirt and walked to where I saw my dad and the Alpha King standing .

Damn it. He smelled so good.

Alpha Rogers' nose flared and he took a deep breath.

Bastard.

"This is my daughter, Erica." My dad spoke up happy to see me. "And my third-in-command, Ryan."

"Nice to meet you both." He outstretched his hands for us to shake it. I stared down at with disgust.

"Nice to meet you too." I said still not taking his hands. He dropped his hands awkwardly and my dad looked between us but did not say anything. My dad was a man of many words so for him to hold his tongue probably took a lot of restraint.

Ryan walked towards us in only his shorts and slung his arm over my shoulder casually. I couldn't help but to glance at his shirtless body...a couple times.

I instantly felt like I betrayed Alpha Rogers but I shook my head at the thought. There was no way he saw my secretive glances and so what if he did? I owed him nothing.

"Very well then." Alpha Rogers muttered under his breath.

"Thank you again for taking me into your home. It is my honor to be staying at the Gulara Pack." he said to my dad before nodding at Ryan and I.

Ryan smirked and I glared prior to him walking away.

Bastard.