Chapter 34: I Do

Erica

Unfortunately I woke up just in time to see Alerick pull his shirt down his torso.

"Aww. I missed the show." I said placing a pouty look on my face.

"Maybe next time babe." He said before winking. We smiled at each other and I felt content for the first time in a while. After getting kidnapped, being unconscious twice and talking to Dion, I felt down for the last two days but being here with Alerick, just made me smile.

"I have something for you." He pulled a gift bag from off the floor and placed it on the bed beside me. I smiled at him again before peeking in the bag.

"A present for me?" I pulled out the garment and was pleased to see a dark blue spaghetti strap knee length dress in the bag.

"Alerick, this is beautiful

"Alerick, this is beautiful. What is it for?"

"I wanted to surprise you. Try it on. I want to take you out."

"Alerick, I haven't showered in two days. I think that's necessary before changing into this beautiful dress."

"Let's go then."

"I'm not showering with you!" I said.

He smirked then took the dress out of my hands, placed it in the bag then on the floor. My eyes followed his every move carefully. He hovered over me horizontally. He slowly lean down towards my lips, waiting for a rejection from me. He kissed me softly, just a peck, before I turned away.

"Alerick, I'm really insecure about myself right now."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"As I stated before, I stink. I haven't brushed my teeth yet, my hair needs to be washed and my pores are oozing with oil."

"I don't care." He kissed me again, this time deepening it. I wrapped my arm around his neck pulling him closer to me without putting all his weight on me. He was the first to pull away.

"Now go get pretty for me. I'll be waiting right here." He moved from over me and I rolled out of bed, grabbed a few essentials such as the new dress, my underwear and my hair brush and headed to the bathroom.

"Don't be gone too long." He continued smirking. "Or I'm coming in after you."

I hurriedly showered and washed my hair so Alerick wouldn't be waiting too long for me. I ran a towel through my hair so it would no longer be soaking wet but damped. I slipped on the dress over my undergarments. I fixed my makeup so it was matched the light colors of the dress. Lastly I brushed my hair out hoping it would dry soon.

I exited the bathroom to see Alerick sitting on the bed staring straight ahead.

"Alerick?" I called out but he didn't respond. I sat beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"