Chapter 19: Come Back To Me

Erica

I woke up to 'Miss Terra' in my room folding Alerick's clothing.

"Goodmorning fair maiden." She said sarcastically.

"Ever heard of privacy?"

"I was told by the King to pack his clothes for a short trip." She said emphasizing the word 'King'. "I'm well aware you won't be joining him because you don't know how to take care of yourself. Maybe I should ask Bella if she wants to join him; she's been learning self-defense ever since she was a child."

"You stay out my business and if Alerick's clothes needs packing, his Mate will do it." I retorted emphasizing 'Mate'.

We both growled at each other before I hopped out of bed to go explain in explicit details to Alerick why I couldn't stay alone in the kingdom.

I found him in the kitchen. The castle's chef was placing a plate of breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon and toast infront of Alerick. I entered the dining area and both Alerick's and the chef's eyes were on me. In my rush to leave Miss Terra, I had forgotten to change out of my sleeping wear. Alerick growled at the chef for staring far to long for both of our comfort and dismissed him.

"Erica, while I am gone please remember to walk around fully clothed. The castle is filled with single male wolves."

"Yea about that." I started.

"No you cannot join me. Today you will be meeting your trainer and luckily for both of us, she's female."

"Do I really need a trainer? I been training since I was eight with some of the packs' best fighters. You never even seen me in combat!" I defended myself.

He took his last bite and stuffed it into his mouth. He twisted his fork and chewed then swallowed.

"If you can take this fork out my hand, I'll tell the trainer to go home."

I grinned at him. "And take me with you?"

Alerick glared at me as an answer.

"Fine. But tell Miss Terra her help won't be needed."

He nodded, got off the high stool by the counter where he was eating and held out the fork towards me.

I took the chance and ran towards him with speed. He turned his body away from me with ease and caution.

"Too slow." He teased.

I jumped up and held on to his arm and tried to pull it towards me but he held it stiff up high. I jumped on his back and he put his arm infront of him.

I jumped off and breathed heavily.

"Give up yet?"

I only had one last trick. I hugged him from behind and started to tickle him. He stared ahead in an unamused state.

"I think that proves enough." He concluded. I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed.

"Fine." I said through gritted teeth.

Miss Terra walked into the kitchen with Alerick's packed bag.

"Mr.Rogers? I have completed the task."

He smiled in appreciation. "Thank you Miss. Terra."

"Mr.Rogers? I was wondering if you had enough guards. Maybe Belle could join you as extra help."

He closed his eyes in concentration like he was actually thinking about it. I knew if he said yes, I wouldn't stop until he agrees for me to come with him.

"No; I think I have enough guards." I smiled in victory. "That will be all Miss. Terra."

She bowed her head in respect and left the kitchen.

"I believe this is goodbye for now my love."

I smiled in tears. Since when did I become so sappy? "When are you coming back?"

Instead of answering, he placed a hand on my cheek and I leaned into his palm. We stared at each for a few seconds before he leaned in for a kiss.

It was slow unlike all our others and I knew to cherish it because it was last I was getting for a while.

"Come back to me." I whispered when we parted. He pecked my lips one more time before walking towards the kitchen door. He turned around when I was close to tears.

"Smile for me. I want to remember that smile every day while I'm gone."

I forced one for him and he left satisfied.

I changed and spent the morning in the day care so I wouldn't have to wallow in my sadness. After about a hour, I was told by a servant of the castle that my trainer was here.

He lead me to a training room in the bigger castle. Since I been here, this was only the second time since I visited this castle. The training room had different equipments like a treadmill and weights, a boxing ring and a small area for other forms of combat.

I spotted a tall blonde in the middle of the boxing ring looking towards the door as if she was waiting for me. The servant bowed his head before leaving.

I walked into the boxing ring to introduce myself.

"Hey. My name is Erica. Nice to.." I was cut off by her grabbing my arm and twisting it behind my back.

She pulled my back towards her chest and kicked the back of my knees and I fell to the ground. I groaned in pain while she stood over me smirking.

"Hi, my name is Trish and I'll be your trainer." She stuck her hand out to help me up. "First lesson, never let your guard down."

I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Next lesson; you see what exactly what I did to you, you have to do it to me."

I took her first lesson in mind and ran to her while she talking. I grabbed her hand to twist her arm and she flipped my whole body over.

"Nice! You're a fast learner."

After almost two hours of training, the closest I got to her was twisting her arm behind her back and pressing her against my chest. I was close to kicking her knees when she kicked the front of my legs. I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came up.

"Third lesson; never hesitate."

Alerick

I ran through the trees with super speed. I stopped sensing I was close to Rochelle. I sniffed her shirt her pack gave me for her scent and continued running again.

After I healed Kent, he returned to Rochelle's pack to stay with her until they decided where to live. I tried to convince him to stay at the kingdom. If he did then Rochelle wouldn't have been kidnapped.

I shook those selfish thoughts out my head. The Artemus pack needed Rochelle just as much as I needed Kent. I would find Rochelle and get rid of this rogue pack once and for all because no one would be getting my Queen.

A/N Can you guys all do me a favor and comment like crazy? Tell me what you like about the story, what you hate about life or even what you going to name your first born child. Just comment, I would appreciate votes too but baby steps. ;)