Chapter 22: You Can Leave

Erica

"What do you want?" I asked taking a step back away from him and clutching my towel tighter to my body. I can't believe he just stood there while I showered.

"I just wanted to visit my future sister in-law. Is that so bad?"

"Sister in-law?" I asked outraged. What was he trying to tell me? "How?"

"I'm Alerick's brother of course. Forgive me, I have lost all my manners after being kicked out the castle." He outstretched his hand to me. "Dion Rogers; pleasure to meet you Erica."

"What do you want from me?" I repeated. I was losing patience with him.

He dropped his hand after he realized I wasn't going to shake it. "My plan was to kidnap you and trade you for my rightful title." I took another step back away from him. "Or at least hold you for ransom." He added as an after thought.

"But after seeing you, I can tell my brother would lose his mind if I took you and I'm not exactly looking for a fight."

"So what now? You're not going to kidnap me so you can go right? You can leave."

"Yes I assume I can but I will leave you with a message for my dear brother." He used his full speed to reach across the room and he grabbed my face roughly. "Hand over the castle or I will return for you."

"You said you wouldn't kill me."

"No I didn't; I said I'm not looking for a fight. If killing you means getting this kingdom then I would do it on a heartbeat." My breath hitched in my throat. "Don't be afraid little Erica. I'll be leaving now."

He walked out the bathroom and I followed him. In my bedroom he walked to two curtains and opened them. Behind it was an open window that I didn't know existed. He started to exit before I stopped him.

"Wait! If you weren't looking for a fight,why the pack of rogues?"

He stopped to look back at me with a smirk written on his face."Let's just say I love a dramatic entrance." He jumped out the window without looking back again. I tightened my towel and ran to the window and locked it tight before I finally let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Alerick

The carriage stopped right in front of the castle and I already started to climb out. I left all luggage behind and ran up the steps of the castle. I threw open the castle doors and began yelling.

"Erica! Erica!"

She descended down the stairway from our room slowly. She wore a sweatpants and ome of my t-shirts which was too big for her but she never looked more beautiful to me.

When she got to the last step, her face lit up before she ran to me, jumped onto me and wrapped her legs my waist. I held her legs around me and nuzzled my face into her neck.

I looked up and saw Miss.Terra staring at our reunion. I waved to her in acknowledgement before she smiled in return and walked away.

I carried myself and Erica up the stairs to our room. I laid her in our bed before closing our door behind us.

I leaned in and placed a kiss upon her lips.

"I. Really. Missed. You." I said between pecks. I lowered my body so I was hovering above her before kissing her again. I tried to deepened the kiss but she turned away.

She bit her bottom lip and sighed.

"When were you going to tell me about Dion?"