Chapter 9: What the...?

Erica

"Go home."

I stood frozen in my spot. Just a second ago we were fine. Now his voice was deep and powerful. I knew from the way he spoke he wasn't asking me; he was demanding me to go home.

"What is wrong with you?" I yelled at him. "You can't tell me what to do! I'm your mate, not one of your servants."

His eyes flashed from black to brown repeatedly before he took a breath.

"My apologies but you really should go home. For your safety."

"For my safety?" I whispered to myself. "What is going on Alerick?"

Instead of answering me, he let out a howl. A howl that only could be accomplished from wolves that had shifted. But here he stood as a human howling at the sky and I had the sudden urge to protect him.

There was rustling as heavy footsteps ran toward us. I turned around and saw two wolves standing behind Alerick and I.

His guards.

From infront five more wolves joined us but they weren't his guards.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath.

Their dirty fur and scrawny bodies gave away who they were right away. Alerick was trying to protect me from these rogues.

I turned to run home when out of the corner my eye , I saw one lunge after me. I stopped running to shift and defend myself when Alerick hit the wolf in midair sending it atleast fifty feet back. He skidded on the ground and made dust fly up like a tornado.

I stared in awe and Alerick smirked at me. He actually smirked at me!

"Stay and watch the show babe." He said before turning his back to me and walking towards the rogues.

My legs gave out from under me and I fell to the floor. I'm guessing a fight makes him cocky.

The rogues took a couple steps back from him but didn't run. I looked at the guards again and they were staring ahead. It was like they was waiting for a movie to start; all they needed was some popcorn.

I turned my head back to Alerick and three of the five rogues were on the floor unconscious.

He took his foot and slammed it into the side of the rogues head sending its entire body down with a thud. He placed his fingers on the rogue's temple before twisting his fingers leaving the rogue unconscious and me speechless. I had to learn that trick.

The last rogue whimpered than ran away. Alerick' s laugh boomed around the forest with an echo.

I tried to get up and failed. Alerick was by my side in seconds and helped me up.

"Guards." he said "Deal with the ro-.. those wolves."

The guards ran past us to the unconscious bodies and I turned away because I didn't want to find out what "deal with it" meant.

"What the...? How did you...? Who are..?" I stuttered not creating a complete sentence and pointing between him and the rogues.

"I hate that you had to see that side of me already." He hung his head low before continuing. "But I had to protect you."

"That was amazing!" He jumped backwards at my ouburst but I couldn't contain my excitement anymore. I knew I sounded like a child but that was really unbelievable. "You're like a King. I mean of course you are, you are the Alpha King which is like super strong and hot. I mean not hot but when you're eyes when glowing and you called me babe I kinda lost it. Not like go crazy but I was -"

He cut me off with a quick peck on the cheek that looked like it shocked both of us. Even after his lips left my check, there was a tingling feeling. Thank gosh though because I did not know where I was going with my babbling. I sounded girly & childish and it bothered me.

He coughed awkwardly and blushed and I couldn't find it more adorable but that kiss was still the only thing on my mind.

"I have class in the morning." I turned to leave. "I should go pack my bag and stuff."

He looked disappointed but didn't let his voice show it.

"Of course. You have school in the morning."

He stopped talking and I took it as my chance to leave...in my wolf form and very quickly. But my wolf's ears could pick up him asking me how old I am.

Hours Later.

I changed into my night clothes which consisted of a tank top and short shorts.

I packed my bag with a notebook, two pencils, a pen and was convinced I was finished.

I climbed into bed and started to think about Alerick.

My family was disappointed they didn't get to "chow down" with him but I was happy because I got to spend the morning with him.

And that kiss.

It was a simple peck on the cheek. Ryan have kissed me many times on the cheek and it was nothing compared to Alerick's lips.

I would describe it as explosive.

I heard rustling in my room and looked up to see Alerick trying to sneak through my window.

"Alerick? What are you doing here?"

"Nice outfit babe. Wearing it for me?" He winked at me and I blushed then sat up to attempt to cover my legs.

"Seriously, I have class in the morning."

"Just sit back and watch the show babe."

"What show?"

He slowly began to lift up his shirt and I waited impatiently. He was teasing me with how slow he was moving. When he finally took it off , his whole body was toned. I was never a girl for six packs so I was glad he didn't have one but you could tell he was fit.

He started to move from across the room by the window towards me and I scooted back in my bed. He came on my bed, as soon as my back hit the wall, and he pulled my legs towards him.

My back hit the bed and he climbed over me not resting his weight on me.

"Enjoying the show babe?"

My breathing stopped. That was three times he had called me babe now. I liked this mate better, I liked this King better!

He leaned into my neck and stopped, like he was scared to make a move so I nodded my head. That was all he needed to attack my lips.

The kiss wasn't soft at all. His feelings were being poured into this kiss and you could tell he was waiting a long time for this. It was intense and neither of us wanted to stop.

There was howling in the distance and he became tense.

He started to pull apart so I grabbed onto his shoulders and he pulled me with him in a sitting position. He pulled my hands of his shoulders and placed them on my lap.

"I have to go." He whispered before kissing me one last time and jumping out the window.

I woke up and sat up in bed touching my lips. It felt too real to be a dream. I sighed realizing that it probably really was.

I shivered and got up to get a blanket from my closet wondering why is it so cold all of a sudden.

I grabbed my blanket and turned around back to my bed but not before noticing my once closed window was now opened.