Chapter 27: Open Up

Erica
The pain I felt was an excruciating feeling. My feet were beyond tired. I've been running and searching for Alerick for over two hours.

The best way to recover was to shift in wolf form so I could heal faster but the possibility of a rogue attacking me was higher. It was best to stay in human form to show I was no harm or danger to them.

My knees gave out from under me and I fell on a pile of leaves. I stared at the beautiful blue sky and fluffy clouds and yet my only thoughts consisted of Alerick. I had no other choice.

I gathered the last strength in my body to get up, remove my clothing so when I shifted they wouldn't be ripped to shreds. I started to fall back onto the pile and shifted mid-air.

I sighed with pleasure as I felt myself self-healing instantly. I tried to sniff out Alerick scent but got nothing.
"Maybe he didn't even come this way." I thought to myself.

The thought and need to give up was evident in my mind now. I was worthless. I'm not fit for any career, I'm not fit to be the Luna, I'm not even fit to be Alerick's mate. I closed my eyes as I felt the tears begin to well up.

The snap of a twig in the near distance made me alert again. I rolled over and sat low on all fours ready to pounce on the intruder.

Through the trees walked Alerick. He was in human form, shirtless and splattered with blood.

I got out of attack mode and shifted quickly.

"Alerick!" I yelled but he didn't respond. He seemed to be in a trance.
I threw on my shirt and shorts before running over to where he stood.

"Alerick!" I said again. I reached him just in time for his stiff body to fall into my arms.

Alerick

I groaned in protest at the absurd position my body was placed in.
My eyelids opened after I heard the clattering of pans in the distance.

I looked around the room and noticed the familiarity. Alpha Sancus' home.
I was nestled on his tiny couch and that caused the aches in my neck and back.

Heavy footsteps advanced towards me and I managed to straighten myself and appear alert and ready to attack as soon as the owner of the sound entered the room. I settled when I realized it was just my guard and not a filthy rogue.

"Goodmorning Alpha."

"Goodmorning. Why am I lying on this couch and not a bed?"

"Luna thought it would be disrespectful to use the late Alpha Sancus' room for comfort."

I smiled at the thought that Erica understood how I would feel. I wouldn't be able to comprehend if I woke in the bed of my lost loved ones.

"Where did the Luna sleep?" I asked.

"In the carriage." He responded.

"WHAT?!" I was outraged. How could they leave their Luna in the discomfort of the wooden carriage.

"Alpha, she was guarded by two guards."

"I don't care if she was guarded by two hundred! The Luna must not feel uncomfortable in any way. If the only option was the carriage and making her a handmade bed; a bed should of been made!"

"But my Lord, she insisted on sleeping in the carriage."

I calmed down when I thought about how stubborn Erica is.

"Very well but I'm going to visit her now. "

I tried to get up, and the guard took my shoulders and laid me back down.

"Luna's order." He said after he released me. "You are not to leave this couch."

I had two choices: I could listen to the Erica's orders and lay here because she was my equal OR I tell the guard that I am the Alpha King and what I say goes and allow him to disrespect Erica's wishes. While I was still contemplating, Erica walked into the room.

She carried a tray with breakfast foods on it but all I could focus on was her. She wore a skirt that rode way above her waist, a high waisted skirt I believed it was called, and a shirt that looked like it was cut in half and showed way too much skin, not enough for my likings.

I turned to my guard and noticed him smiling at my Queen. If it was out of respect or lust, my wolf couldn't tell the difference.

"You are dismissed." I said to him.

"Alerick!" Erica said. She was next to the couch now and was glaring at me. She turned to the guard after I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you for watching over him, Scott. If you are hungry, there's breakfast in the kitchen."

I was surprised at how she learned his name in the span of a day.

"My pleasure Luna." He said before nodding his head and taking his leave.

"You need to respect your guards." She placed her hands on her hips. I noticed her mouth open again but I couldn't focus on what she was saying.

Her big brown eyes stared at me with intensity. Her light brown hair laid on her beautiful shoulders. Her breasts
curved beautifully in her new shirt and so did her waist in the skirt. Her long legs descended to the floor where I saw that she was standing on her toes.

"Alerick!" She said then laughed. "Are you even listening to me?"

"How could I even listen to you when you simply standing there is such a huge tease?"

She laughed again, louder this time.
"I'm being a tease? Atleast I'm not shirtless."

I looked down at my chiseled features and smiled.

"You can always join me." She rolled her eyes in response. "Where are my guards?"

"Most of them are eating breakfast or guarding the carriage."

"What did you make me babe?"
I sat up and she sat beside me.

"Scrambled eggs, toast and orange juice."
I lifted up her tiny frame and sat her on my lap.

"Feed me." I said.

She stared at me instead of her usual response of laughing.

"Alerick, we have to talk about yesterday."

The thought of yesterday clouded over my head. Dead. Everyone here, that I loved, was dead. Everyone that hurt them was going to be dead.

"Can I be fed first?" I put on my cutest face. She rolled her eyes but picked up the fork.

"Open up." She said and smiled again. After she finish feeding me, I sighed knowing now was the time to talk. She got off my lap and sat facing me beside me waiting.

"Erica? I have anger issues."