Chapter 29: You Won

Erica
I stood in a stance ready for any sudden movements. Alerick stood in front of me and I felt protected and betrayed at the same time. He should know I'm strong enough to take on these filthy mongrels.
But at the same time, I couldn't blame him his wolves probably felt it was only right to protect not only his mate but a member of the werewolf kingdom.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw more wolves approaching the pack grounds. I had a small sigh of relief when I realized it was only Alerick's guard. Scott came on my left side and I almost felt the respect he had for me and to serve his Luna.
The other three guards stayed hidden behind trees ready to attack.

"Calm down you over-sized rottweilers. I'm not here to fight. My army is here in case you want to start a fight." Dion continued. He was so calm and smooth in his black suit that fitted him perfectly. The more I stared at him, the more he resembled Alerick. The only real difference was the height difference and the length of his hair. Dion's hair was longer so he kept it in a pony tail.

"What do you want Dion?" Alerick spoke up.

"Little brother! What has it been since we've last seen each other? Five years? I think that deserves a hug! How's mum and pop? Have they recovered yet?"

My heart broke into pieces after Dion spoke. Dion was responsible for his parents being in a coma and he just thought everything was a huge joke. Also I could never imagine having an argument like this with my brother.

"What do you want?"

"I want what I always wanted Alerick. Power." He pronounced the words slowly.

"You were never like this Dion. What changed?" Alerick asked.

"My crown was stolen from me by my twin brother. That's what happened to me! I wasted twenty one years of my life training to be King just to find out that those dusty Elders made a mistake. Being a King is all I know! And I'm not the King so who am I?"

I paused realizing that Dion just didn't know what to do with his life, just like me, so his way of dealing with it was violence.

"Alerick, just give me the Kingdom. I bet you didn't even want it. You probably still don't want it. You already have a Queen, you won."

A crazed look was on Dion's face when he turned to face me. Alerick growled to warn him.

"Hey Sis. Didn't you give my brother my message?" Dion said to me.

"What is he talking about Erica?" Alerick asked frantically looking between me and Dion.

"I'm guessing she didn't tell you. I told her if you didn't turn over the Kingdom, I would be back for her. So what do you say? Your kingdom or your Queen? Your move brother."

Alerick stared at me with intense eyes. That night when he returned and asked about Dion, I lied to him.

"Did he touch you?" Alerick asked again.

"No. He just showed up, I thought it was you, he introduced himself then jumped out the window."

"Are you sure Erica?"

"Yes Alerick. That's it."

"You lied? To me?" Alerick asked me slowly.

"I didn't want to worry you." I exclaimed.

"Really? Because with the situation that we're in, I'm not worried at all." Alerick's eyes glowed and I just stared into them.

"Um? Sorry to interrupt but I think the decision is made." Dion turned to his rogues and nodded his head. "Get her."

Before the rogues could even take a step, the guards were at their necks ripping it open with their teeth.

"Erica, inside right now." I chose to follow Alerick's orders because I knew he was mad at me for lying. He opened the door for me and let me inside. He closed the door behind him and I knew he was guarding it from the outside.

Outside I heard growling and the ripping of flesh but the most terrifying sound was the voice behind me.

"Hello Erica."

Alerick
The scene unfolding infront of me was familiar. My warrior guards ending the lives of rogues who tried to harm others.

I wanted to join the fight but I had to protect the Queen. I wanted to find Dion but that was probably what he wanted, his scent was still lingering in the air. He wanted me to leave my post so he could get to my Queen.

I tried to reach Erica through the mind link.
Erica? Are you okay?

There was no response from her. I kept trying to push into her mind but no response. She couldn't possibly be upset with me after she lied to me.

Dion's scent became stronger and I knew instantly something was wrong.

I opened the front door to see Erica and her scent gone and the back window open.

AN: I'm so excited for the next chapter! Not alot of action but it's my favorite one yet. I already written it so if you want me to update faster than five days, I'm going to need 10 votes and 4 comments. Making it easy for you guys. Until next time....