Chapter 26: Who's She?

Alerick
After ripping his arms off his entire body with one tug, I left the filthy rogue there to bleed his death.

His blood stained my clothes and I was pleased with the sticky feeling that soaked my entire body.

I thought counting in my head until ten I would be calm by then but I was now at sixty and felt like hunting rogues.

I walked towards the pile of bodies of the camp grounds praying that they were just unconscious. I hesitantly reached out and touched the Alpha's arm checking for pulse. None.

Dead.

That word repeatedly rang through my head.

Dead.

My family is dead.

Dead.

At that moment I wanted to be dead so I wouldn't have to feel this excruciating feeling.

Dead.

Soon my brother and all his rogues would be dead and I would personally make sure of it.

I kept counting in my head because I knew my anger issues was something that was in my control. The Elders said that I was able to control my anger. I really tried but my rage was winning this time.

My fur sprouted while my face expanded into a snout. I noticed that my fur wasn't gold but black instead. This death was personal.

Erica
"Where's Alerick?" I asked one of the guards that stood outside our carriage. I was still groggy from my nap. My eyes were blurry and drool sticked to the side of my mouth. The last thing I remembered before falling asleep was Alerick teaching me the mind link.

"My lord went for a run in wolf form. No notice on when he plans to return."

I tried to read Alerick's mind but was denied the request.

I stepped out the carriage to see if I could find him.

"My lady, I wouldn't." One of the guards said before standing in front of me and my view.

"Why not? Alerick's family is not the friendly kind?"

"My lady, my Lord's family, they have passed away."

"Wait. His entire pack? Or just his family members?"

"My lord's parents are staying in the castle's hospital where some of the best doctors can keep an eye on them and where our guards can keep them safe. His pack are the ones who have perished."

I shivered in fear because I felt a presence behind me. I turned and was faced with the guard from the castle. I couldn't shake the feeling though that some one was watching me.

I stepped to the side of the guard despite his pleading.

In the middle of the pack grounds lied over a hundred bodies. It was stacked in a pile. There was no stench coming from the bodies clarifying they couldn't have died that long ago.

My body was drawn to a pack member in particular. The pack member was a young female between the age of seventeen and twenty one with pale skin and long black hair. She wore a simple red shirt and skin tight jeans. A red flower was placed in her hair right behind her ears. My mind told me to take her hand. I walked over to her and grabbed her cold hand placing her palm in mine.

White light flashed around me and I was in a blank room with the girl. She was alive and smiling at me. Her outfit had changed into a flowing white gown but the red flower was still behind her ear.

Before I even had a chance to speak she opened her mouth.

"You have to save him Erica and fast."

"Alerick? He can take care of himself."

"She said only you can save him. He doesn't have self restraint."

"She? Who's she?"

"She told me you would ask that. Save him Erica because he won't be able to save himself."

The white light flashed again and soon I was taking off to save Alerick.