Chapter 15: Mrs. Rogers

Alerick

"You can't go around threatening my staff ESPECIALLY one of the most hardworking and loyal employees." I said shaking my head at her.

We were walking back to my room. I can't believe she frightened Miss Terra. I will not have the castle fear their future Luna.

"Well, well she started it!" She retorted. 

"Erica, You sound like a child." She rolled her eyes in response.

"Erica you sound like a child." She mocked me. "What I want to know is who the hell is Belle? " She questioned and my eyes widen.

"I have no idea who you are speaking of." I lied; I disliked lying.

She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Belle is a friend..." I started.

She glared at me.

"...that I used to date." I continued.

She turned to walk away.

"Erica! You are acting childish again! I will not tolerate this behavior from you."

She continued to walk away and I chased after her. I grabbed her by the waist and threw her over my shoulder.

"Put me down Alerick!" She screeched.

"If you want to act like a child , you will be treated like one as well."

"Alerick! You are passing your room." I ignored her and continued to walk to the children's day care.

The day care for a place only for kids who were part of the royal family or the staff's children.  It was accommodated with multiple activities that kept them occupied throughout the day.

I opened the lock on the outside and placed her down gently before locking the door behind me again. The door had a small window where parents could look in on their children without disturbing them.

I watched her as she twisted the doorknob trying to open it before sighing and walking to a bean bag and taking a seat.

She turned away from me with her arms crossed. Anger was radiating off her. I sighed before walking back to check on my Beta.

Erica

"I'll show him childish." I thought crossing my arms. From the corner of my eyes I saw him leave. I sagged my shoulders in defeat.

"Hey." I turned my head to see a small boy, four or five, waving at me. "You're pretty."

I smiled at the compliment. "Thank you and you're adorable. "

"No. I'm Thomas!"

I laughed at his response. "And I'm Erica."

"You want to play with us Erica? "

"Sure Thomas. What are we playing? "

"Classroom and you're the teacher because you're the biggest."

"Makes sense." I said nodding my head at him.

"Come on. Let's meet your students."

He took my hand and tried to help me out the bean bag.

"Alright teach us now." he said after introducing me to the other seven children in the room. I found out that he was Gary's, the third-in command, brother and another little girl, Amanda, was Gary's sister. Also in the room was Terra's daughter/Belle's little sister and she was constantly glancing at me.

"Uh...uh..." I stuttered while looking around the room. I spotted a black chalkboard and a chalk. I walked over to it and wrote "Miss Baker " on the board. "Okay class. Today we will be learning about the sounds each letter of the alphabet makes." I decided looking at the age group. We did all the sounds from A-Z, picked words that started with each letter and joked around for about a hour. By the time we were finished, I noticed multiple yawns around the room.

"Alright nap time." I said to the group of kids. A few groaned and others ran to a closet door I didn't notice before and grabbed sleeping bags. After settling down,  I kissed them all on the head including Belle's sister. She was very reluctant around me at first but became more comfortable. After kissing the last kid, Thomas, he thanked me.

"Thanks Erica." he said.

"It's Miss Baker to you." I said making him giggle before closing his eyes.

I stood up and smiled at their sleeping figures. I didn't even notice Alerick come in until he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Has any one ever told you could be an excellent teacher?" He said. "Mrs. Rogers. I like that."