Chapter 25 (Bonus II)

Half a year later the long awaited wedding finally was here. Shuhua and Soojin would celebrate this privately, only with their family and friends, but somehow the world got to know it and was deluging them with their best wishes.

For both of them it still felt a bit surreal. To be honest Shuhua hadn't thought that Soojin would take this step with her, but it made her all the more happy that she actually wanted to do it just with her.

An hour before the wedding started they were waiting in separated rooms. Shuhua didn't want to ruin her dress and couldn't pace up and down, so she got rid of excess energy by bouncing her legs up and down like jelly.

Yuqi entered her waiting room, with the mission of calming her friend down. "Hey Shu, if you keep stomping on the floor you will destroy it" she joked.

"Yuqi I think I'm sick. I think I need to go home" Shuhua said nervously making Yuqi chuckle.

"That's just the excitement", she asserted and patted Shuhuas shoulder, "By the way you look great in that dress. I bet Soojin will pass out when she sees you". The younger girl smiled weakly. "I guess I will pass out when I see her".

A few minutes later it was time for Shuhua to meet her parents, so her father could lead her to the altar where the love of her life would already be waiting for her. "I can't believe my daughter's getting married", her mom sniveled, "We wish you the very best".

"We are very proud of you" Shuhuas dad added and smiled.

The doors opened and Shuhua walked down the aisle tugging on her fathers arm. Seeing her family, the members of MAMAMOO, half of the police station she made friends with and the (G)I-DLE members already waiting at the altar made her incredibly nervous, but also the happiest person on earth.

Lastly her gaze fell on Soojin, she looked absolutely breathtaking and Shuhua thought her legs wouldn't support her body anymore. Nevertheless the largest and most genuine smile she ever made formed, it almost hurt.

Her father let her go and went to his seat smiling as he had won the lottery. Shuhua faced Soojin and the priest started to ceremony.

"You want me dead, don't you?" Shuhua whispered not really paying attention to the priest. She only had eyes for Soojin.

"Even now you are joking" she answered smiling softly.

After a few minutes the boring part was through and it was time for them to read their vows and be finally married. Shuhua who was in another world didn't noticed that is was her turn to start and Soojin had to bring her back to reality by tapping her shoulder.

"Your vow Shu" she whispered and Shuhuas cheeks flushed in a bright red, making all the guests chuckle.

She professionally smoothed that over and cleared her throat before starting.

"I've thought long about what I want to tell you Soojin, but my love for you can't be expressed in words. We've been though so much together and I would go through all this again and again, just if I could end up with you like this. You make me smile whenever I feel down, you listen to me when I need somebody to talk to and you care for me like nobody else. And for nothing in the world I would ever give this up. I love you more than you could ever imagine and I am honored and happy that you want to take us, our relationship, to the next level"

A single tear rolled down Soojins cheek as Shuhua ended her vow. She was touched to the deepest of her heart. Shuhua carefully wiped the tear away and smiled encouragingly. Soojin sniveled a last time before starting.

"Shuhua, I don't know how many times I've already told you that I love you. And even if I've said that over 1000 times, it is true. You amaze me every day anew and everyday my love for you is growing. Since I've met you for the first time my life had been confusing, but you had put it straight again. I was unsure about almost every aspect of my life, but I've never doubted my affection towards you. And thanks to you I could become confident, you showed me what real joy means. I know I am not good at expressing my feelings, but I am more than happy to become your wife. I love you forever and always"

Now it was Shuhua crying and the venue boomed in applause and approving shouts. "That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard" Wheeins loud voice drowned the cheers out making everybody laugh.

The priest tried to get the attention back on the wedding, the most important part was coming up.

"Seo Soojin, do you take Yeh Shuhua to be your wife through the good and bad, trough highs and lows, through sickness and health until the death you part?" he asked Soojin. She was looking in Shuhuas eyes and answered with a loud and confident "Yes, I do".

Shuhua got the same question and gave the same answer having the biggest smile on her face. "Very well, you may- and they're already kissing".

Shuhua hadn't really listened to the priest during the whole ceremony and flung her arms around Soojins neck as soon as she had finished with her "Yes, I do", pressing the happiest kiss on her lips.

The crowd was cheering loudly, the whole city must have heard them. The two girls pulled away being the happiest persons on earth.

"We did it", Shuhua whispered overwhelmed, "I'm Seo Shuhua now".

"That name sounds nice" Soojin chuckled and kissed her once more. It couldn't had been more perfect.

"Everybody it's party time now!" Yuqi shouted and dragged the new married couple down to the crowd. They got showered with the congrats and hugs while they made their way out of the church.

The official party started with Shuhua and Soojins dance. They've chosen 'Oh my God' as their song, it might wasn't the most romantic or most suited for this occasion, but it was very special to them and that's the only thing that mattered.

During this time they've become a couple, went through the hardest time of their life and ended up as the happiest. Soyeon was crying since she heard the first note and the other members were grinning like idiots.

After Shuhuas and Soojins dance ended, they dragged all their friends to the dance floor. Some EDM music started and soon the whole hall was quavering from all the dancing people. Shuhua and Soojin withdrew from the crowd and greeted all the people who weren't dancing.

"Thanks for coming" Shuhua bid her goodbye to a police woman and Soojin smiled sheepishly. Her wife had invited the whole police station and Soojin didn't even knew half of the people.

They wanted to go to some other people at the bar as a slow song started. "That's a nice one", Shuhua said and grabbed Soojins hand, "Let's go dancing. We can say hello to the rest later".

They owned the dance floor, Soojin had her hands on Shuhuas waist while the younger girl had her arms wrapped around her neck. "I love you Jin Jin", Shuhua said staring in the older girls eyes, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you".

"As little as I can wait" Soojin answered and bent down for a slow kiss.

The two could have stayed like this forever, being in each others arms, surrounded by their family and friends knowing that their bond was the strongest.