Chapter 18

"What time is it?"

"23:45"

Shuhua and Soojin landed in Taipei a few minutes ago and were currently waiting for their luggage, which seemed to take ages to finally appear on the assembly line, even though the airport was almost empty, unlike in Shuhuas memory.

When she had departed to Korea a few years ago, you could barely move in the crowd of people in the terminal.

But now there were only the janitors an important looking business woman and an old man sitting on the ground, probably a beggar.

Shuhua was astonished how much changed.

"Probably just because it's so late" she thought and drew her attention back to the assembly line waiting for her luggage to show up.

After another five minutes it finally leaped into view and Shuhua carefully pushed Soojins head off her shoulder and got up to grab it.

She was almost dozing off and didn't seemed to noticed that her head moved from a soft underlay to the uncomfortable plastic of her seat.

"Jin Jin wake up. You can sleep in the hotel" Shuhua said and carefully shook the older girl as she heaved the luggage to the place they've been waiting.

Soojin mumbled something incomprehensible and Shuhua shook her again.

"Come on, the cab is already waiting"

After a bit of discussing Shuhua got Soojin to get up and the girls went outside and the driver put the suitcases in the luggage trunk while they got on the vehicle. Shuhua told him the address and they drove off.

It didn't took them long, because the streets were quite empty, at least they weren't as busy as in Seoul.

Shuhua looked out of the window in amazement. She had missed Taiwan, sure Korea was nice, but nothing can beat home, right?

The cab suddenly stopped and the driver said that they reached their destination.

"What did he say? Did something happen?" Soojin asked confused.

Shuhua completely had forgotten that she couldn't speak Chinese and translated for her opening the door. She helped the older girl to get out and paid the fare.

"Wow" Shuhua said amazed.

"What is wow?" Soojin asked and turned around to look what Shuhua was staring at.

"Wow" she breathed out as she saw it too.

The other members already told them that they booked a luxurious hotel, but they didn't expect something like that.

That wasn't just a hotel, it was a palace. The front yard was neatly plastered, trees were edging the way and a huge fountain was settled in the center of the court.

The hotel was illuminated and looked as if it was taken right out of a fairy tale. That was the princess castle every girl had been dreaming of in her childhood.

"I don't want to know how much that costed" Shuhua said absolutely overwhelmed.

A young man in uniform came and carried their luggage inside.

"They even have butlers here" she added excitedly and earned a light smack from Soojin.

"Don't be so unfriendly. That's an honorable job as well"

Shuhua laughed and linked arms with her and they followed the man inside the hotel looking around in amazement.

They entered and went in the lobby. Even the insides of the hotel were more than luxurious, there were huge leather couches an expensive looking chandelier hang from the ceiling and there even was a bar.