Chapter 13

Shuhua woke up with a pounding head. On the back of it she could feel something liquid and warm, which smelled a lot like blood.

Then she remembered what happened: somebody has knocked her out and apparently dragged to this place.

Her vision became clearer and she saw that she was in an old storehouse.

Dust and dirt were everywhere and a single neon lamp hung on the ceiling, slightly lightening the hall up.

Shuhua wanted to get up, but she couldn't. She was tightly tied against a chair and couldn't move at all.

"Finally you are awake. I don't have all night" a low male voice said and Shuhua tried to figure out from where it came.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" she asked shakily and a figure approached her.

Because of the sparse lighting Shuhua couldn't see him properly, only his eyes full of hate. It was the kind of dangerous glow, where you just wanted to run away.

"Isn't it obvious what I want?" the man asked and chuckled in a creepy way. He came nearer steadily until Shuhua could identify him.

It was that guy who was following her in the convenience store. He was still wearing his cap and mask.

"What do you want?" Shuhua repeated, her voice filled with anxiety.

The man bent down staring right in her eyes and Shuhua gulped. He was literally scaring the shit out of her.

"So you were finally able to fuck Soojin? How was it?" the man asked anger rolling off his tongue.

"What are you talking about?" Shuhua responded trying to control herself.

Suddenly the guy pulled a knife out of his pocket and wiped with its blade the girls dark hair away.

"I'm not dumb you know? It's obvious that you like her and the then latest news, tss. And now that I see your neck in person-" he said and pressed the cold metal on Shuhuas hickies.

"Let me clarify one thing. Soojin is mine and if you ever lay one finger on her again, I'll kill you" the man spat and pointed the knife towards Shuhuas heart.

"You're a psycho!" she shouted angrily.

The fact that he mentioned Soojin and thought that she was him made her furious. How could he dare to think something like that?

"She'd never love you, not even accept you!" she continued and tried to free herself from the bonds.

The man suddenly shot forward and punched Shuhua in the stomach.

"Do you really think that she ever liked you?" he hissed threateningly.

Shuhua didn't response anything, she just sat in the chair breathing unsteadily. The man had hit an organ and the pain was overwhelming her.

"She doesn't like you. You are disgusting! You are worthless!" he spat and continued beating her.

Shuhua was screaming in pain, begging him to stop which made him even more angry.

"She never liked you. She'll be mine" the man shouted and punched Shuhua a last time before she passed out. The pain was too much to bear.

Suddenly the phone rang and Soojin jumped up.

The number of the police office appeared on the screen. With trembling fingers she pressed on "take the call".

"Good evening. Do I speak with Seo Soojin?" a female voice asked.

"Yes", the girl answered shakily, "Did you find Shuhua?"