Chapter 23

The day of the court case arrived faster than expected and Shuhua found herself waiting in the courthouse.

Strangely she was calm, her lawyer must play really, really dumb so they wouldn't win.

What the sasaeng had done, couldn't be excused and Shuhua had more than enough evidence.

Instead the other girls who accompanied her were quite jumpy.

"In five minutes the case of Yeh Shuhua against Kim Jinhee will start" a staff barged in the waiting room. The girls nodded and the youngest stood up getting ready.

"Best luck in there. Show this guy how tough you are" Yuqi sniffed and hugged her friend.

They were teasing each other way too often, but nevertheless they could always rely on each other.

And now Yuqi couldn't help Shuhua, she had to fight all alone and even though she had quite good chances, it made her worried.

Next up was Minnie, who encouragingly patted Shuhuas shoulder.

"There's no way of losing, your lawyer is one of the best in Seoul" she said smiling.

For more wasn't enough time, because Miyeon flung her arms around Shuhuas neck and pushed Minnie aside in the process.

"My little ShuShu is growing up", she sniveled as if she wouldn't see the younger girl ever again, "Please don't lose, okay? Who am I gonna play video games with then? I don't like Yuqis shooting games"

"Miyeon move aside, we have limited time" Soyeon interrupted the scene and pushed her aside.

She didn't say anything and just hugged the Shuhua tightly, until the staff came back to fetch Shuhua.

"Don't make a fuss, I'll be fine" she yelled and waved at her friends, who stood in the waiting room like pictures of misery.

They really were more nervous than Shuhua, and it wasn't even them in the courtroom.

But to one person she hadn't say 'goodbye' yet, unfortunately there wasn't time anymore to do it properly.

"I love you Jin Jin, don't worry about me!" she shouted being already out of sight.

"I love you too Shu. Please win, will you?" Soojin whispered and dropped on the chair exhaling loudly.

Shuhua followed the staff in the courtroom and saw her opponent already talking quietly with his lawyer.

He noticed her entering and Shuhua glared at him before sitting down next to her own lawyer.

His name was Park Seonghwa and Shuhua liked him.

They've prepared the arguments together and he was really nice, but when it got serious his whole attitude changed.

"Don't worry, I'll outtalk his lawyer", Seonghwa whispered and jerked his head in direction of the other table, "He's a pantywaist. That's going to be easy".

Shuhua nodded, even though she couldn't believe him completely. She had studied the assholes lawyer before coming here.

Hwang Hyunjin had never lost a case before, but the same goes for Seonghwa.
Today one of them will probably experience the first defeat in their career.

Everybody sat down and the judge opened the trial.

"Good afternoon everyone. Today we'll conduct the trial of Yeh Shuhua against Kim Jinhee. Main counts of indictments are bodily harm and opposition to enforcement officers. Mr. Park Seonghwa you will go first" he said and the lawyer stood up.