Chapter 22

Soyeon had seen and heard many things in her life, but she had never pitied anybody more than Shuhua at the moment. That poor girl had to go through so much at such a young age.

Not only that she got threatened multiple times by some man who urgently needed psychological help, but also her own mental struggles, she was finally able to talk about, made Soyeons heart ache.

And the worst thing, it wasn't getting easier from now on.

After Shuhua finished telling her friends about everything she had hidden and what had happened this night, a depressing silence laid over the girls sitting on the floor in the living room.

Soojin was backhugging Shuhua and wrapped her legs around the younger girl as if she would try to protect her from any negativity.

"And you're really okay now? I mean in your mind" Miyeon asked carefully, worry was dripping in her voice.

"Yes, thanks to Soojin helping me through all of this" Shuhua said trying to ease the tension with a small smile.

She leaned her back against Soojins chest and the older girl pressed a kiss on her cheek.

"I've been the reason for all of these hardships, the least thing to make it up was staying by your side" she stated making the other girls smile too, at least a bit.

Seeing them still being lovey-dovey after all what happened made them feel better too. Seriously, who couldn't smile when they were interacting like this?

"And do we have any good news today as well?" Yuqi asked and let herself fall on Soyeons lap looking up to her expectantly.

"We have" the leader answered unusually soft and Shuhua looked away and bit her lip to not break out in laughter. She still wasn't used to this side of Soyeon.

"Yeah, you wanted to tell me what the manager told you when he talked to the CEO" Soojin blurted out successfully destroying the moment.

"Ah yes, I almost forgot" Soyeon said teasingly and earned a smack from Shuhua.

"Ya what was that for?" she asked playing the victim.

"Soojin wanted to smack you, but since she couldn't reach you, I did it for her. Am I right babe?" Shuhua responded in a sassy tone and Soojin nodded.

"Whew, you shouldn't stick together all the time. It's scaring me off when you're reading each others mind" Minnie muttered earning laughter and a pout from Soojin and Shuhua.

"What do you wanted to say Soyeon?" Miyeon interrupted the scene.

"Right back to the business. So basically the management wasn't a huge fan of revealing that you're dating, but our lovely manager produced some very convincing arguments and the CEO agreed after a long ass discussion" Soyeon explained as if it hadn't been a huge deal.

Soojins eyes widened and an immense smile formed in her face. She looked at Shuhua having the same expression.

"I swear if you kiss her now, I'm going to scream" Yuqi deadpanned and Shuhua kicked her.

She was having her violent phase right now and took her current state for revenging for Yuqis teasing during their vacation.

"You are almost begging me to do so" Shuhua said boldly and Yuqis face dropped.

She seemed to have fun to tease people with their own words, since she had done the exactly same thing with Soojin as well.

"Come on you two, be good company!" Miyeon shouted and stood up.