chapter five

t a e t a e

After I drop Cherry at her apartment, also helping her out with groceries, I went directly to my apartment. I was about to.

I look up to the sky, seeing the beautiful sunset. The sun is really pretty tonight, so I decided to sit down on the grass and just lay down. I was feeling good, a little too good. Spending time with her surely distracted me from everything.

Work, joints and drinking, I mean.

It feels nice without those shit. I wish I wasn't addicted. I wish I was normal. I wish I could restart my life. I groaned, feeling the wave of sadness coming in. Oh no, not again.

My fingers started twitching, I start to feel uncomfortable and bothered. I need those fucking joints. I get up, gazing my hands. It wouldn't stop twitching. Great, just fucking great.

My phone in my pocket started vibrating. I took it out quickly, praying it was Yugyeom who's calling for a party. And it was Yugyeom calling. Please, I only have cigarettes.

"Bro, coming to tonight's party or nah?" Yugyeom asked on the other side of the phone. I quickly agreed to it. I never missed a party because I'm in need. It's like I can't live without those unhealthy shit. It's funny that I can die sooner or later.

My best friend sent the address through text and I didn't waste a minute of mine.

As I arrived in front of the unknown house, Yugyeom was standing there. I parked my car and went out to join him. Yugyeom seems to notice my presence and waved at me, which I send back.

"The cool shit is at the backyard, but the rest of it is actual shit." I nodded, following him from behind. I rubbed my numb hands together, to feel a little heat. It's quite chilly out here.

I was quite popular, people knew me or just liked me because of my face. Handsome and perfect face, to be exact.

I greeted everyone I passed and went in the backyard. My eyes landed on the gang of boys that I usually hang out with or get high with.

"Always late but always there," Baekhyun, another friend of mine, said with a huge smile on his face. I hummed in response, grabbing a bottle of alcohol and with my other hand grabbing a joint.

"You actually came late today, not like the usual late, what happened?" My other friend, called Loren, asked, looking at his phone with a cigarette between his fingers. Before I could even reply, Baekhyun talked first.

"A random slut that you got in bed with?" I frowned, shaking his head. My hands turned into fists when he called Cherry a slut.

"Oh it's Sugar? Don't be mean but she's not that kind of girl," Yugyeom said, crossing his legs.

"You already met her?" The two boys asked in unison. Yugyeom nodded, feeling proud of it. I rolled my eyes, taking another sip from the bottle.

"You like her or something?" Baekhyun said in a mocking voice as I shook his head right away.

"She's just a bet." The two guys looked at each other before asking more questions.

"It's a bet between me and him, so don't think of coming in this," Yugyeom declared as Baekhyun gave me an annoyed look.

The boys started to talk about future project for their tattoo shop, new designs to be specific. While I was staring at the shallow twilight. Smokes left my lips, soon fading away with the wind.

You don't know how much I feel right now. I feel guilt, sadness and madness. So many unknown emotions are waving in me. I feel so damn bad for Cherry. I could never tell her that she's a bet.

Who the fuck cares? If she knows, that's good. We'll finish this stupid bet of Yugyeom faster.

A notification sound grabbed my attention. I checked my phone to see who send me a message. It was none other than Cherry. I couldn't smile nor I wanted to smile, putting in my passcode and entering in the message to type in something.

Cherry :
Have you got home safely?

I thought for a while, about lying or not. She was being honest with me, why not being honest with her? She could be a distraction for me. Yes, a fucking distraction could be nice for me.

: TaeTae
Getting high in a party, want to join?

I clearly just ignored her worry. I don't care, I don't like to attached to someone, I don't want any relation. Too much problems for nothing. I frowned went she left me on seen. Then a message popped in. I quickly took my phone and checked it.

Cherry :
Don't overdo it, please. You know it's bad, you can just talk to me or something.

I stared at the screen for a minute. Then chuckled, so darkly that my friends looked at me worriedly. I took the joint on the border of my lips before inhaling the smoke. Heck, she doesn't know anything and she wants to fix me.

: TaeTae
You don't know anything. Stop caring about me.

I hate it. I don't like this girl. Why does her smile keep popping in my head. Why do I want to protect her and tell her, I'm just high and everything I just said was a lie? This can't possibly happen to me. I don't want it anymore.

Cherry :
It's true I don't know anything, we just met like two days ago. I just know that you're a jerk.

I closed his phone, taking a long sigh about what I just did. A jerk? I'm worst than that. Well I could say sorry to her some other day.

"I'm going to leave," I said, feeling a little better than before. Their heads turned to me, giving each other a questionable look.

"Why?" Yugyeom asked. I just shrugged, not knowing why either.

"I feel heavy, I just don't know," I said and left the party. I know I left my friend all confused, but they knew most of time the reason why.

I hate myself for making that stupid bet. It doesn't matter, I have to do it, in less than two weeks.