chapter thirty two

c h e r r y

I saw after a long time his face. He was completely ruined and tired. He was even brining a cup of coffee, which he never bought when I was with him. He looked sick with his eyes bags and he smelled like cigarettes.

I ran to the bathroom, feeling sick all of a sudden. I open the stall's door and sat on the toilet bowl. Cutting the call with Lucas after saying bye all of a sudden, I stare at the ground as I let my tears fall.

Biting my lip, I sob even more. I cup my mouth with hand, not wanting any other of the girls hear a girl crying in the bathroom.

He's been a jerk, asshole and the most beautiful human. Not only the looks, but what he showed with his words and actions. I just really miss him, I just want to be with him all the time. At the same time, he broke my heart with that fucking bet.

He's going to keep lying like we met by fate. Who knows if he lied every single detail about him. I don't even know if he's really regretting what he did, I just don't know anymore. I want to stay away from him but at the same time close to him.

"He came back," A girl said as I hear her opening her bag.

"Yeah I know. Chen said that it was because of a family problem," Another girl says. "I mean, do you think he'll be like that with a girl? He's a fuckboy, nothing more."

"Did you see him? He's different, something big must've happened to make him change like that. Anyway, I'm going to be late, see you at lunch."

"Wait, I'm coming too!"

The girls laughed their way out as I hear about the rumour circulating around the university already. It could be true that he's sad like that because of his family. His mom, his siblings or his dad.

Who am I to think like that? He's not my problem anymore. I don't want to be and I don't think I'll be. It's time to move on, slowly.

I stand up, pushing the door open as I stare at myself in the mirror. My mascara is completely smudged and it looks like I never slept in years. I drop my bag down and washed my face, removing some of my makeup.

I let it dry, as I open my bag. Mascara, concealer and lipstick. That would do. I apply it on my face and stare again at my face. She's okay, I'm okay. It's going to be fine.

I smile in every angle. It's not like I'm popular or anything. Nobody noticed me before and after I met Taehyung. Just for a short period of time since they all know that I'm just a random girl, or a random bet.

Okay, enough of insecurities, I need to focus on my number and my futur. Love can wait.

I get out of the bathroom and went straight to my class. I don't want anyone to look at me since I didn't look as fresh as before. I still feel like crying at this moment. Just saying his name is making feel uncomfortable.

When I sat down, I placed my book and my water bottle. As always I expected someone to come look over me. Jennie doesn't have class today, I'm alone today. When I'm alone, he usually comes in and waits until the teacher comes in. Even with that, it's rare when he does that.

Why do I even keep talking about that man?

I grab my phone and notice all the texts from Lucas. He never texted me this much until now. He's never a talker over the phone but when we meet, it's like he had a different personality.

Lucas :
I'm home right now, do you want me to pick you up?

  Cherry :
Only if you want too

Lucas :
Send me the address and I'll wait for you ;)

I smile as I send the address. All I have right now is Lucas and Jennie. They're more than enough, I'm sure we'll have so much fun at the party. Lucas would be able to fit in perfectly since he never had any problem with that.

I'm so lucky to have him as my friend. Gosh, I can't wait to see him.