chapter eight

c h e r r y

It's been a week now, ever since I met Tae. He's a mystery. I really wanted to know why he was going to parties, why his hands are twitching every now and then.

He had a reason, but he didn't want to tell me. After that, his friends and Jennie made a group chat. I was glad to finally have group of friends to talk to. Taehyung and I were getting dangerously close.

I really don't know if he felt something between us. I did. I felt the connection. This attraction that I shouldn't be feeling. I have a boyfriend, and this felt like cheating, almost.

But the thing is, I love my boyfriend. Sometimes I feel like he's getting laid by other chicks. Worst of all, I know something is going to happen. This relationship that I have isn't going to work. I'm always a let go, I never fought back.

Taehyung called me today. Which was weird of him. He usually texts or talk with me at Uni. We were going to hang out today. I was excited to meet him.

Sehun was out today, like the usual. I was alone, figuring out which clothes I should wear. Jeans or skirts? No skirts, that's what Taehyung suggested. Jeans it is.

I send a picture to Jennie to earn an opinion from her. The reason she cried the other day was because her parents are getting divorced. I couldn't say that I was feeling the same. Her fake friends made fun of her at a party and her boyfriend broke up with her. So much to handle. I don't know how she could be all goofy after all of that.

The notification sound popped in my messages. I smiled looking at what she wrote me.

: Jennie
Girl, you lookin hot

Cherry :
Well thank you. Is there anything I should change? Or is it perfect?

: Jennie
I think you should change your top. A crop top with a V neck. It will suit really well with your jeans.  Don't forget to wear a necklace

I thanked her, before changing my clothes. I look back to see myself in the mirror. Oh wow, I look hot. This is weird that I call myself hot.

I receive another text but from Taehyung. He wrote that he was already in the front of my apartment. I squealed, running at my entrance and wearing heels. This feels like a date.

I wish it was.

I go out, not forgetting to lock my door. I felt unusual stares from men. I should've worn a hoodie today.

As I arrive at the first floor, I could already see Tae leaning on the car, looking sideway. He's always handsome with a normal shirt and a jeans. So simple and gorgeous. I think I went a little overboard on my look.

He finally noticed my presence. I catch him staring at me. His jaw tighten, and I didn't know why.

"Hi," I greeted, feeing shy all of a sudden. Being beside him is already something for me. If someone saw me with him, there would be a rumour. My boyfriend is quite popular at Uni and this guy is too.

"Hey," He said back, eyeing me up and down. He opened the car door for me. I went in, putting my seatbelt on. I saw him, jogging to the driver's seat.

He started to the engine and drove. What are we doing today? That was my only question for the day.

The silence was awkward. I was uncomfortable. Supposedly, I thought we'll be talking and enjoying this 'date'. I didn't plan to dress like this just to go on a road trip. What is happening? Why isn't he talking? Well, he barely talks anyway.