chapter twenty nine

t a e t a e

Y/n stared at him with agony and pain. Her hand went up to her chest and grasp her sweater tightly. She takes her wrist back and went to Loren. She shakes her head, looking at the beach. I couldn't describe the expressions on her face, I couldn't see.

She sighs, still not looking at Loren. Then she looks at him with tears brimming in her beautiful eyes. Looking down at the sand, she released a sob.

She backs away, standing there. "Thank you for letting me know."

I couldn't move and tell her the truth and make up to her. I was too late, even I knew I couldn't say it tonight. I didn't had the guts to say it.

Before I could blink, my head turned to the right and I wasn't even shocked. I deserved it, honestly.

"You're sick," Jennie spat, pushing me. "All of you are!"

She said, turning around and eyeing everyone one of my friends. Holding my cheek, to afraid to look at Y/n.

"No, Jennie—"

"What?! You could've stopped him, right? After a few days later, you knew Y/n. And you fucking knew how she is, she doesn't deserve it. Nobody deserves to be bet on. I don't want to see you again, bring us back home, now."

"Jennie, please, don't bring us in their problem."

"You don't understand, do you? I don't want anything to do with you, anymore. None of you guys, bunch of man whores."

She grabs Y/n's wrist and dragged her in the van. We four, stood in a circle and just stared at the ground. I hear some shuffling sounds from the left and saw Baekhyun leaving first. He didn't fo anything, he didn't deserve the yelling, neither Loren and Yugyeom.

Saying his name, he grabs my arm and pushed me forward to the van. If I could kill myself at this moment so I can't see her face, I would.

When I entered, I see Y/n's face squished in the arms of Jennie. They were seated in the front and not at the back. Jennie gives me a glare and then I walk to the back.

Once seated, I look at the girls in the front. I couldn't take my eyes of them. I couldn't say anything nor do anything.

This is probably the end of us.

I knew too. That she wasn't the type party all night long, to smoke, to drink and to make bets on people. Yet, I continued, without thinking of telling her sooner.

She gets up and started to fan her face with her hands. Jennie gives her a tissue, which she use it to clean her wet eyes. Eventually, her and her friend shared earphones, leaning on each other.

When I glanced to the window, the sky was dark and droplets of rain glued to the glass. I watched them fall slowly and waited for our destination to come.

Pretty odd that the rain starts right after a beautiful day. I was sure that the universe was against me and just gave me karma.

The van stops abruptly and the first one to get out was Y/n. Jennie didn't got the time to get up and run after her. I was the one who did.

I had too. I just had to apologize at this moment or I'll regret it for sure.

She puts her hood over her head and hugged herself, speed walking to the nearest bus station. I ran towards her and grabbed her wrist, making her stop, without turning around.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I'm genuinely am, I was about to tell you tonight and confess—"

"Stop lying, Kim Taehyung. I thought I could trust you and finally confess to you, but all you say are lies, is your past also a lie or what?"

Frowning, I turn her around forcefully as she gives me a bored look. "Don't fucking mess with my past and the shit we're dealing with. I told you that you were the first one I told that."

She nods, gazing down. She quickly take her wrist away from my touch. "We had our fun, it actually felt good to have a past time for once."

"What?"

"Just... don't fucking contact me, talk to me or even barge in my life," She spat with a glare before continuing walking her way.

Standing in like a fool, I let the rain pour on me, drenching me completely. I look up at the sky and all I see was darkness. Everything around me was.

When my mother told me that my father pulled her heart out, I didn't understand. Now I know, what it feels like. I brought this upon myself. I could've just talked to her without listening to Yugyeom. I could've be a man and stop being a child.

A lump found his way to my throat, I didn't felt good and I feel uncomfortable keeping my tears to myself. So I let myself to be weak for once, to be human. Dropping on my knees, I stare at the ground and my nails dug in the concrete. It supposed to hurt but it didn't.

"Taehyung! Get back here!" Yugyeom screamed, jogging his way towards me with an umbrella. He reaches my shoulder as I push him away.

"This is all your fault! You could've just ignored her. You could've help me at the times I was mentally ill, you always bring up parties, drinks and I can't help myself but to drink, more and more!"

"I learned my mistake, Taehyung. We both made a mistake tonight and I know it's not forgivable. But you have to get back inside or you'll get sick," He said with every emotions that a sad person would feel.

"Just leave me alone, let me do some shit by myself."

He looks down on me with nothing written on his face. He retrieve his hand back, grasping the umbrella harder. He nods, putting the umbrella beside me.

"Fine, do what you think is right."

Then, he leaves me in the rain, with formed fists.