chapter thirty four

c h e r r y

"It's shopping day!" Jennie exclaimed in my ears as I cupped them immediately. She laughs, licking our arms together. "With our slave, Lucas."

She started laughing diabolically, pointing Lucas' car that was in front of us. I laughed along with her as I see Lucas in the driver seat with a smile on his face. He gets out, not knowing what's going to happen in a few hours.

"Hello ladies," He says, opening the front door as Jennie proudly walks in. He pushes her away and gently smiles at me.

"Hello Lucas," I say back, sitting in the front seat as Jennie sits behind us. Lucas starts the car and drives us to the nearest mall that me and Jennie loved so much.

As he drove us there, I take the chance to look at my phone and see what's new on Instagram. Obviously, I was curious how many people looked at my story. When I slide up, the first profile was Taehyung's. I slide thrice and saw his profile disappear. He only looked at the first three story that I put, not the rest.

Clicking on his profile, I see nothing but his profile picture. It was always blank, like he just created an account for the first time.

"What are you looking at?" Lucas asks me with curiosity filling his voice. He casually glanced at my phone as I shut it down quickly.

"Nothing, just a text from my brother."

"Ah," He smiles, looking at the road. He didn't ask much and just closed his mouth. He's always like that, someone who never ask much from the others. He doesn't like digging into people's life unless they let him do so. Even with that, he's uncomfortable.

"He's coming home," I say, feeling that he's being left out suddenly. We're best friend, this shouldn't be a problem sharing. "For Christmas."

"I guess he's starting to get tired of your parent's shit, huh?" He scoffed, brushing his hand in his hair as he grasped the steering wheel.

I coughed softly, peeking at Jennie who's confused as hell. "I guess so."

"What are you guys—"

"We've arrived!" He burst out, unbuckling his seatbelt. Jennie groans, getting out of the car. Lucas opens the door for me as I take his hand for support.

Jennie pushed Lucas away and linked arms with me. I laughed as Lucas came to the other side. He's still not used with Jennie's behaviour and presence. I can see he's acting like he's joking but I can see he's uncomfortable. I mean I used to hang out with his friend not the other way around.

When we entered the mall, the first thing we went to was H&M. I mean that store has everything I need and I love it.

I noticed a dress in the back of the store and dragged Jennie with me. She gasped as she started matching the pace with me. Shopping with this girl is the most funniest and funnest thing in the world. Without this girl, I wouldn't be like the me right now.

My hand went in the rows of dress as I picked one and showed it to her. She frowns, taking it and putting it back in its place. She pushes me on the small couch and started looking carefully at each dress that she passed by.

Lucas sits beside me, leaning back. "I think I'm going to be a slave today."

"Yeah, sadly," I laughed. "Don't you want to see anything for you? We're going to take a while here."

"No!" Jennie exclaimed, putting both of her hands on her hip. "We need a man's point of view. You don't mind do you?"

"I brought you here because of Y/n. This hangout supposed to be a friendly date, now you're just being a third wheel," He says, crossing his arms. "I mean I don't mind giving some opinions. I just want to say I'm here because of her."

Jennie eyes me with a sly smirk before turning away and gazing at the clothes. I know what she's thinking right now. She thinks that Lucas might have a thing for me. She's going to text me tonight for sure.

I gaze at Lucas who's fidgeting his fingers, patiently waiting for Jennie to pick something up already. I never noticed how pretty he looked or how he changed during these years. Man had a major glow up for sure.

I coughed softly, realizing what I'm thinking right now. He's my friend, best friend, childhood friend. Never in a million years I should be thinking of dating him.

"Jennie," I say, putting my attention on her. She looks at me with plenty of dresses in her arms. She walks towards me. "We're going in a party where nobody cares about people."

"Learn from the best," She says firstly. "If you want to get an amazing experience, you must have a dress that stands out. It doesn't have to be like big or anything. You just got to look like a slut, that's it."

"Woah, what party are we going?" Lucas asks confusingly.

"Drinking and fucking, basically. Man, you have the most gorgeous face in the world and you're telling me that you never went in a party like that?"

Lucas blushes slightly at her comment before glancing away from her. I look at him, waiting for him to say something. He looks at me and the dresses before picking one out.

"Dark red fits her the most," He shyly said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Well, thank you," Jennie says, taking the one and throwing the rest away. She gives me the dress and pushes me to the dressing room. "You're making her life easier."

She sits down beside him and started talking with him. But his eyes were still one me and he smiles, indicating with his hands to go in and try it. I smile back, going in.

❣︎

"Y/n, didn't you want to remove your tattoo, before Saturday?" Lucas asks me as I slurp on my slushie that he bought me just now.

Jennie's eyes widen as she kept quiet. She silently ate her ice cream and listened to our conversation. Which I don't mind her to listen.

"I changed my mind," I say, remembering what Taehyung said. "I was a bit confused that day."

"Okay," He whispers. "If you ever change your mind, let me know. I'll gladly take you because I know you don't have a car yet."

"Shut up, Lucas!"

He laughs, covering his mouth with his hand. What a cute habit of his. He always got shy whenever he's happy. He had a perfect childhood and a perfect family that went with it. I was really happy being part of his life until I moved out because of him. My parents thought that it was the boys who changed my grades and way of thinking.

"C'mon, Y/n, I'll take you home, it's getting late."

Maybe I should try something with this guy.