chapter forty eight

t a e t a e

I feel extremely upset. Not only after hearing the call and the awful conversation between her and her mother, but the fact that she didn't tell me that she was going to meet them, alone.

If only I knew that her parents were like that, I would've not hesitate to prove my love and my capacity to them. I would've taken the bus and I even if it was late, I would've kept trying.

The audacity that her mother even asked her to marry a man that she never knew, pissed me off really badly. I'm sure that it was only the mother who contacted her friends and not the father, the way she talked made me believe that.

The door bell rang, I rushed towards the door to open it. She stood there, dry tears on her cheek and her puffy eyes, that I didn't failed to notice.

But what took me off guard was the man beside her, more behind. I didn't know how to react and simply greeted him with a half-hearted smile.

"I'm her father, you must be her boyfriend," He gently said. I've noticed how he resembled so much Y/n and Jungwon, soft spoken people. But they didn't took anything from their mother. "You don't mind, could I stay here for the night? Something awful has happened and I can't bother going back there, you see?"

"Of course, sir, come on in," I responded quickly, getting back inside so they could come.

I tried my best to follow the recipe of making tea, but it won't be as perfect as Y/n does. Speaking of her, she didn't utter any words and neither she looked at me. She stayed in our room, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Maybe I was too harsh on her with my voice, I was too dry and cold. I didn't expect to turn it that way but what to say I was extremely disappointed. This kind of stuff should be discussed between us, not alone.

Her father told me what happened at their home, but little did he know I heard everything, from A to Z.

"I never heard her speak like that, I knew she was harsh on education with Y/n and Jungwon, but to the point she called my daughter a slut, I couldn't tolerate that," He sighs with a small smile. "I never chose a groom with my wife, she even lied because she knows that Y/n would listen to me rather than her. Even I would not allow my daughter to marry a man that she doesn't even love, nevertheless where he came from. The most important thing is team work, communication, and I hope Y/n speaks to you about these kind of stuff."

I simply nodded at his words. This is probably the first time that someone older than me gave me relationship advice. Mom didn't bother since I've always been hanging out with the boys and it's only when I became an adult that I started hanging out with girls.

This man could be my father-in-law and I feel really happy that I get to have a man like this right by my side if I marry Y/n.

I told him to make himself comfortable as I made myself to our bedroom. She may not want to talk to me but I have to at least check up on her. I don't want her to starve herself, she even skipped lunch to eat tonight.

Pushing the opened door, I noticed that she changed her clothes and she looked more brighter, with no tear stain on her cheeks. Yet, she looked so dull, her eyes puffy.

Closing the door, I went beside her, not too close and not too far. I leaned against the wall, arm crossed as I looked at her, preparing herself. Her eyes wandering the mirror, the counter and not me. Everything expect me.

I have the right to be upset, right?

"Why did you go alone?" I finally begun, trying to get her to look at me. She pursed her lips, tying her hair into a ponytail. I rub my jaw, trying to calm myself down. "Give me a good reason, then I'll leave you alone."

She hums shakily, sighing and playing with the hem of her pyjama like a child that is scared to tell the truth. I get off the wall, walking around, ready to explode in any minute.

"Fucking speak, Y/n! I don't want this to get even bigger, your father is downstairs and I don't want him to hear us dispute with a matter he already knows," I yelled, trying to tone down my voice a bit. My shoulder sink down as I frustratedly sighed at a thought that came in my mind. "Did you think your parents weren't going to accept a fucked up guy like me?"

Her eyes finally reached mine. I can't lie that my heart pained a bit, she decided to pay attention to me when I speak about that.

"Tattoos, joints, dyed hair, alcohol and sex," I muttered, regretting having to choose this path. "That's me, you were probably embarrassed to bring me with you—"

"You don't fucking understand!" She argued back. "My mother is the worth person in this planet. She's cruel, she's heartless and she never gave a damn about me. I was a trophy to brag about to her friends. Normal childhood? My presents were books and pencils. I held Lucas's hand, she hit me saying that boys like that, would only bring you down and brainwash you. You heard the call, I'm a innocent slut that just fucking pleases men. That's what I'm to her, not a daughter, a slut!"

She crumbles down, curling herself into a ball. I immediately went after her, wrapping by arms around her as I tried to make her face up to me. She refuses, but her hand grasp my shirt.

"I wanted to see how they'll react if I talked about you, I didn't even got the chance to even say your name," She sobbed as she looks up to me. Okay, now im tearing up because of her.

Holding it back, I smile, trying to comfort her. My thumbs passed on her soft red skin of her cheek to get rid of these tears. We both have parents that hurt us so much, I could feel her pain like I felt it as a kid. I feel like I turned myself into the 13 year old boy who was crying in the arms of my mother. No child should ever experience what we both felt.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you, I should've tried to understand instead of being a jerk," I whispered, showering butterfly kisses on her eyes. She sniffs, her grasp getting tighter on my shirt. "But next time, you should talk to me about situations like these. You're not alone, okay? I'll be here for you with open arms and obviously open ears to listen to all of your quarrels."

She smiles, opening her eyes. I push back the strand of her hair behind her ears, leaning in to kiss her lips. She gladly kisses me back, as all the tension in her body fades.

"I'm hungry," She mumbles shyly.

"Don't worry I ordered food for the three of us. I hope you don't mind Mexican food? That's what your father suggested."

"I don't mind at all."