chapter forty six

t a e t a e

I take the last box out of the trunk, I was lucky enough that the weather wasn't harsh with the moving. I still thought over this living thing for a week, making sure that I wouldn't invade too much of her space. I looked through the drawers, the toilet, I may did some purchase for certain stuff but that's about it.

But that wasn't my preoccupation. Today is the day. Y/n is going to meet my mom and my brother, Taeyong. She was the one who suggested me to help me out, but at the end it was Loren. She backed out last minute, yesterday night when my mom suddenly called me. And I thought it would be a good idea to introduce Y/n on a good note.

"Lucky you, you got a nice house," He hums, eyes wandering at the house and my car that was nicely parked in the driveway. She finally gets a nice place to herself.

"Anyways, thank you for helping me, I forgot that you were the one in charge of the store today," I apologized as we both walked in front of the door. Loren shakes his head with a smile, patting my shoulder with his hand.

"We can close it once in a while, I mean I'm going back," He paused, glancing at his watch. "A client is going to be there in fifteen minutes. So, better get going."

Watching him going closer to his car, I wave at him as he shoots me another smile. I open the door, closing it back and locking it.

Not even a second since I've stood in this house, I hear Y/n screaming out my name. I sigh, telling her I'm cooking as I walked faster towards our room.

I peeked in the room as I stood by the doorframe. Leaning against it, arms crossed, I admire her back as she turns around to look at herself in the mirror. Even if it's winter, I feel summer in this house and especially when she wears this specific yellow summer dress.

She's probably going to ask me if this is going to suit the concept and time of the day.

"Is it okay if I'm wearing this in winter?" She asks, not even looking at me. I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off with another question. "Maybe it's too much? Maybe it doesn't suit for the afternoon time?"

Her finger went on the bottom of her lip, eventually to start biting her nail. I walk forward, wrapping my arms around her waist. I felt her body losing some of the tension, letting go of her thumb to place her hand on my arm.

I made her turn her face to look at herself in the mirror, my finger and my thumb squeezed together to lift up the edge of her yellow dress.

"Mom will stare at you in awe," I said to myself, pressing my forehead on her shoulder. "And she'll probably want to know where you got that dress."

I felt her body turn around in my arms, she taps twice my chest before pulling herself away from me. She grabs her bag and her jacket, snaking her arm in the loop of my arm since I was already ready and waiting for her.

❣︎

Standing outside of the car right in front of her side, I wait for her to calm herself down. For the whole ride, she didn't stop looking at her face in the mirror and every time we stopped at the red light, she grabbed my chin to make me to look at her.

I don't get it, but I know she wants to look the best. Little did she know, Mom never had any girls in the house. I never thought of bringing one in the house. I wasn't that much of a fucked up kid. I know the limits.

Knocking her window, I open the car's door and pulled her out carefully yet forcefully. She takes a deep breath, clasping her fingers around my forearm. Now she was taking the lead, she's probably doing it out of embarrassment.