chapter thirty eight

c h e r r y

I open one eye slowly to see if he was still here beside me. And he wasn't. When I fully open both eyes, I can finally see Taehyung fully dressed up, checking his phone before putting it back in pocket.

He nods, ruffling his hair, "You're awake now, so I will be leaving."

I jump out of bed, grabbing his wrist. He turns around and his eyes widen in shock. Then he looks away. When I glance down to myself, I realized that I was naked. Letting him go quickly, I wrap myself with the blanket as he stood there waiting for me to say something.

"Stay for breakfast?" I hesitated, bitting my nail, hoping that he will stay.

He blinks at me like I've said something obscure. "Are you sure?" He asks me with so much doubt.

"I loved you when you were not in the right state of mind. Yes, you made a horrible mistake and I understand because you did it before we even knew each other. Still it's not something you should ever do it again. But now, you've changed and I would like to give you another chance," I expressed, gazing down at my fingers. "I don't want to stick to the past too much, you know? We will never know until we try."

He stares at me, both arms dangling to the side. Leaning back on wall, he glanced down at his feet as I notice a small smile from him. I cover my mouth, smiling at his reaction.

"Shall we cook together?" I suggested as I get up from the bed, stretching my body with the blanket.

"I'm not a great cook and I ruin everything even with the simplest things," He laughed, scratching his nape.

"You never tried, did you?" I ask, walking towards him to lift his face up. He shakes his head, understanding the double meaning to his words and to mine. "Let's make some pancakes. By the time I get myself ready, make yourself at home."

❣︎

I never knew making pancakes with someone would be this fun. I just did my bath an hour ago and now I'm all dirty again. Flour were covering both of us. Some went on my hair but everything was on my clothes. Unlike my hair, he was completely drenched in flour. I'm pretty good at attacking people.

We started off pretty nicely until he wanted to spice things up. I was actually pretty nice with him since I didn't want to waste all of my flour. Things are getting expensive and I'm all on my own.

I started flipping the pancakes as Taehyung prepared a bowl of fruits. We chatted about what we were going to do in the Christmas leave. I was telling him that I was going to be pretty busy since I had my performance coming right around the corner. I didn't bother bringing up the subject to have him come over to see me, he probably has forgotten about it.

I placed two plates and two cup of milk as we sat right in front of each other. Taehyung looks at me with suspicion as I take a bite of his version of pancake. We decided to do two batches of pancake to see which one tasted better.

Once I ate it, I was laughing at how bad it was, he has some serious training to do. He decided to not kill himself with his own masterpiece and ended eating all of my pancakes, I only ate two of mine.

"Pretty hungry?" I teased, drinking the cup of milk slowly.

"Even if I wasn't, I always ate your food without hesitation," He replied, putting a hand under his jaws "This time I was pretty hungry, thank you for the breakfast."

"We should do this again," I whispered, gazing at my finger circling the outline of the glass. "Waking up next to each other, eating breakfast and spending the rest do the day like this, without worrying about the time."

Taehyung smiled warmly at me, it's been so long since he ever showed me this side of him and I loved it whenever he does it. "I would loved to. But right now, I need to take a shower. Do you perhaps have any spare of clothes? If not, I could go back home and come back."

I don't want him to go but I really don't have any spare of clothes for this big guy. My little brother is smaller and less muscular but pretty tall. God dammit, Jungwon.

"I'm sorry."

He chuckles, taking the both of our plates and cups to wash them. "Taking a quick shower won't be a problem, it just standing away from you for a few minutes... I just already miss you."

I stand up, snaking my arms around his waist, back hugging him. I could feel his body freeze for a moment before relaxing himself. His cold hand went on top of mine, squeezing it gently. He turns around, gazing down at me with a small smile. I placed my chin on his chest, admiring the way he looks at me. He delicately puts the strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You're such a pretty," He whispered. "Smart-ass."

I laugh, ruffling his hair as sprinkles of flour started to fall on his shoulder. I grab his face with both hands, making him startled. "You're such a lovable and handsome idiot."

He laughs, thanking me for the amazing compliment I just gave him.

We talked for another hour as he helped me clean the house before he actually needed to leave to take a shower. He started scratching his back and gave me uncomfortable facial expressions. As much as I want him to stay with me, he has leave to take a shower and get back to his business if he has some.

There's nothing wrong with that since he promised that he'll come back for the night. And I'm patiently waiting for him.