chapter forty one

t a e t a e

[music that Cherry would be dancing to]

"Do people wear suits in ballet performance?" I ask Loren that was sitting on my bed.

He doesn't answer right away before pointing at my one and only suit that was hanging on the wall. "You're going to ask her out, of course you have to wear a suit and buy her a bouquet of flowers."

I nod, mentally cursing myself at my dumbness. Nobody is going to look at me anyways. They're all going to look at Y/n. She's going to be the star of the night, they're all going to see how talented and beautiful she is. She probably doesn't know that I'm coming tonight, it's going to be a surprise for her. To be honest, my heart might explode just by the thought of her dancing on the stage so elegantly.

Wearing my black suit, I carefully picked a tie that would match her dress. She told me that it was going to be pale pink and I tried my best to match the colour that might be her costume.

Loren got out of my room to take a phone call, it should be Jennie that is calling since they're dating and coming to see Cherry's performance tonight.

Again, another surprise.

I pull the drawer, taking out her favourite parfum. I sprayed some on me, making sure that it smelled lightly and not too strong. Brushing my hair, I made sure it looked cleaned and fancy.

Taking a look of myself in the mirror, I thought that I didn't look that bad. I looked like a true gentleman for once. Once I glanced out of the window, I realized that it was snowing today and she won't see my suit nor my tie. Well, she'll see it once she's here. She'll see how I worked hard on my appearance.

I take my winter jacket, not forgetting my wallet, since I still had to buy a bouquet, and her present. I went out of the room, putting my boots right away.

"Loren, don't touch the cake that's in the fridge, alright? I ordered it in advance for this day. Don't mess my place, I cleaned it all night, yesterday. Most importantly, you have to leave before 8, the show starts at 8:30," I recalled him, holding the doorknob to go out.

"My baby bro is getting mature," He laughed, turning his body to have a good look at me. His eyes goes up and down as he smiles proudly. "I won't do anything ruin your moment."

Showing a thumbs up, I get out of my place, waking down to the elevator. I went in the corner as an elderly woman enters. The door closes as I check the time on my watch.

"Taehyung-ah, you look handsome, asking a girl out?" She smiles, putting a hand on my arm. "Women love it when men takes their time to look good for them. It shows that you really want to commit in a relationship, you don't find boys like these, nowadays. Always playing around, you should maybe show her to me, maybe have a cup of tea too?"

If Grandma thinks like this, then Cherry would to. I agreed to her, giving her a hug as we separate ours ways. I went in my car, putting the nearest florist on my gps.

I take my time in driving, still checking the time in case I'm going to be late. I want to have the best spot, hopefully in the middle so I can see her fully, I want to see every detail.

Parking my car a little far from the store, I put my hat and walked quickly towards it. It was freezing, nevertheless this big winter jacket.