chapter thirty

j e n n i e

Even though I always go to parties and drink with some shit friends, I never had the guts to play with someone's feelings. I'm always social and I say what I think, unlike Y/n. I fuck with people who don't have any other intention, for exemple regretting or fucking me because they like me. I always ask before doing something.

Today was probably a lonely day, but a sunny one. Y/n would've enjoyed this day but she's been staying home for a week now. I go over her house to see her cry and hear what she wants to say. I even witness a murder of Taehyung's sweater. She ripped it out, put paint on it and the most important thing glitter, which he hates it to the core.

I haven't heard from them. Baekhyun comes eat with me since he didn't do anything at all. He's a nice guy, he didn't want to hang out with Loren, Taehyung and Yugyeom. I had the urge to ask him what Loren is doing but I feel to guilty to ask because I lashed out on him.

When class finished, the first thing that I came to my mind was to sleep over at Y/n's and throw a small party. Even if it's the two of us, I'm sure she'll be more than happy, because she's like that. She's grateful and amazing.

Going to the nearest grocery shop, I take what she likes, cake and candies, also some soju. I pay for the things and I went towards my car. Before I enter my car, I see Taehyung in the alley, vaping, staring at the ground. I had to crouch down a bit to see his ruined face. I frowned when I see his puffy red face. What the fuck happened to him?

He looks up, probably not recognizing me because he's high and dead at the same time. He doesn't move before walking away from me. Rubbing my eyes, I touch the steering wheel slowly, opening the window to see him again. He walks inside of the grocery shop. He's messed up, I'm sure I'm the first one to see him in such state.

He's falling apart.

❣︎

I put my grocery bags down, looking around before taking her key that was under the carpet. I open the door and went in. The house was oddly silent and gloomy. I didn't bother turning the lights on because ever since I came here, I stayed in her room.

As I walk up to the stairs, the first thing I hear was Y/n talking on the phone with someone. It was a man, I don't want to make ideas in my head already, but they seem so close. I peeked in the room and I saw her, wearing her undergarments and transparent vest that barely covered her body. She was putting nail polish while talking. I wasn't sure if she was smiling.

"It's been long since we've talked," The man said.

She hums, "I'm glad you're coming here, I miss you."

"Gosh, I missed you so much, you can't even imagine how I was debating if I call you. But since I'm coming, I had to tell you."

"Soooo, anyone special in your life?"

"Well, I've tried to go on dates, but I didn't felt any connections. How about you? I think you're dating now, I saw a post with your boyfriend?"

"Broke up with him, he was a stupid asshole."

"Oof, we're both single-"

"Jennie! Why are you standing there? Is that cake?"

She put the nail polish aside, leaving the man hanging alone. He was starting to scream at her, about how she could just leave him there for some food. She drags me to her bed, as we sat comfortably together.

I wait for her to introduce him to me, I could see his bare chest. They were actually facetiming each other like they were some couple. Feels too intimate to be here.

Y/n hold up her phone so my face could be seen on the phone. I wave as he did the same. Actually, that man is fine as hell.

"This is my best friend, Lucas, he's coming to Korea this week."

"Oh, I'm Jennie, her friend."

He smiles, brushing his hair back. "I see that you guys have some plan. I won't disturb you any further. I'll text you later, Y/n."

"Okayy, bye!!"

I thought she'll be ending the call but surprisingly, he brought his face to the screen, kissing the camera several time. Then, he ends the call like that. It doesn't seem like he was her best friend but a lover. Maybe they were always comfortable around each other.

She eats her cake slowly, working on her computer. I was debating if I tell her that the man she once "loved" is dying on the street.

But at the same time, it was his fault. And, she's literally happy for the week. I don't want to ruin her mood. She cried enough.

I threw my body on her and she immediately stopped typing. She taps on my nose, which was full of vanilla cream. She laughs as I wiped it off my face. All I could see was her hiding her actual self. I can't force her to let go.

I smile, taking a spoon of her cake.

"Why don't you go see Loren?"

"I feel guilty. I know that Taehyung is not controllable and he's not a kid, he doesn't need someone to take care of him and yet I still blamed it on him."

"I think he deserves an apology and I can see that he likes you very much."

I stopped my movements, starting at her blankets. I gazed at Y/n, who was smiling genuinely at me. I bit my lip, blushing.

I giggle, putting a hand under my jaw. "For real?"

She nods. "For real. Go for him, I know that he knows that you didn't do it on purpose."

"Yeah, I should."

And we just continued talking about us and the life after university. Today was probably the first time I had fun with a friend and being this open about my crush. And it's also the first time that I wanted to be around someone this much and just be by her side, as her friend.