chapter thirty nine

t a e t a e

I let the water drench me completely as I think about what happened today. A beautiful morning with the girl I love. Yesterday's night made me really believe that she was just talking with me because she was drunk. I never knew she'll confess to me that she wanted me to stay and give me another chance.

I should show her my love and interest to her. Investing my time with her at least once a week, I don't want to annoy her, I guess I really want to be next to her every single second.

God, I want to hug her again. She felt so warm and comfortable. It almost felt like I was a baby in my mother's arms.

Anyways, it feels good to be by her side again. I'm very happy that she forgave me. Too happy.

Drying my hair as I try to pick the outfit for the day, a thought suddenly popped in my mind. I glance at my phone that has been laying silently on the nightstand. It's been a while since I've used it, I wanted to take a break from everyone but now it's time to apologize to my friends.

They're probably angry that I have been ghosting them after letting them take care of my own store.

Putting on my sweater and my jacket, I grab my keys and went out straight to my car. It was getting colder as days passed by, December is in a week and I'm honestly not ready for snow and boots.

Once I've arrived at my store, I take a deep breath at the entrance before walking inside. Yugyeom didn't raise his head at first, he was welcoming me like I was a customer. I stand in front of him, coughing lightly. He finally shows me his face, he drops the pen before rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sorry for ghosting you guys—"

"No, I'm sorry for even starting the bet and I should've been helping you instead of dragging you in parties, setting you up with girls and letting you do all this stuff. It's my fault that everything got ruined between you and your relation with Y/n."

I lay my head low, listening to what he's saying. To be honest, I didn't know what to reply back. I was out of words.

"I should've controlled myself, I should've set some limits..." I stopped talking when I see Loren coming out of the room, staring at me. He takes out his gloves, walking towards me before throwing them in the bin beside the counter.

Turning my body, I touch my nape, feeling goosebumps all over my body. I smile, wondering why I was feeling nervous all of a sudden. As soon as I open my mouth, he began to speak.

"I should've just let you tell her, I rushed things, I thought you wouldn't tell her if I didn't put you pressure but instead look at what I've done to both of you,"

"And Jennie," Yugyeom coughed, cutting Loren.

Loren gives him a death glare as he calm himself down. "I just didn't want you to continue doing these things, maybe if I gave you pressure, it will change you?"

"Loren, you've only been a good brother to me, I've always pushed you away and this time, I went over the limit. I was quite upset that you had to reveal to her but sincerely I've wanted to tell her, I wasn't going to back away that day. Now, let's not keep a grudge between each other, what happened is in the past and it stays there. To wrap it up, things between me and Y/n has been good."

"Hein?" Loren blurted out suddenly, covering his mouth as soon as he left that word. "I mean, how come?"

"I'll have to thank her best friend for that."

"Jennie?"

"No, the other one," I replied back, leaning myself against the counter. Yugyeom nods in realization at Loren who still didn't know who I was talking about.

The front door opens, I turn my head to see who was coming in. It was another girl as usual. I insisted in doing her tattoo so they could take a small break.

I went in the room, preparing the material. Putting on my gloves, I waited patiently until I felt a vibration in my pants. Taking my phone out, I noticed it was a message from Y/n. I clicked on it when she send me two choices.

Fancy or casual? She said.

Let's keep it causal. For now. I replied back as she sends me a thumbs up.

I planned on taking her on a date the day after her performance she's doing on the 23rd of December. I think it would be a good day to celebrate Christmas with her too. Only if she wants to. Unless, she has to go see her parents, that could ruin my plan. Let's pray that she stays.

When I realized that there was a girl who came here for a tattoo and I had to do it, she was already sitting, staring at me as she twirls her hair. I cough, rubbing my together before asking her the design she wanted to do.

She stays silent, taking the papers on the small desk that was beside her. I let her take her time when I felt another vibration. Excited, I take my phone out and read the message.

How about another sleepover?

I was about to reply when the girl talks. "Kind of rude to not make some recommendations to a customer who's hesitating or wanting some help."

"Oh, yeah, sorry," I apologized, putting back my phone in my pocket. "What kind of tattoo you were looking for? Small, big, simple, detailed?"

"Was that your girlfriend?" She ignores my comment, eyeing my hands where my phone were at, seconds ago.

"Yeah," I trailed off, touching my forearm. "You didn't come here for a tattoo, right?"

She nods, raising her arms as if I caught her doing something bad. "Everyone in my uni told me that there was a group of good looking men here that were single. I thought I could give a shot but you're taken. I've never seen a man smiling at their phone like that, must be the girl."

I nod, smiling at her words. It's the first time that a girl backed off and sincerely told me what she was doing. She wasn't touching me or provoking me into getting me in bed, she's a nice girl.

"Still want a tattoo?"

She deeply thinks before pointing to one design. "Let's do that one, on my back."

"Pretty good choice."

It was a cherry, obviously not the one I designed specifically for my Cherry.