Chapter 11: Queen Aleena's doubts

Queen Aleena

Ever since I found Sonic, Manic and Sonia and met the Resistance, it seems totally unreal to me. I still feel like it's been over a century, like a daze of a dream that I couldn't believe . 

As I was being nervous, Sonia notices how nervous I was. "Mom? Are you ok? " She asked me. Hearing her calling me mom for the first time, I sighed. 

Was I really a good mother? "Sorry. It's just... I'm overwhelmed. And I am beginning to -" As I begin to explain, the pink hedgehog just simply hugged me. 

"You're having doubts, aren't you? About revealing yourself to us, I totally get it. " She said, as I was being dumbfounded by her words. 

"Wait, are you really sure you understand what I've been thinking out loud?" I asked, as the teen shrugs, "I've seen a lot of stuff lately, so I'm pretty getting used to it by now. 

Sonic and Manic really don't have some emotional level with me. I can simply just tell if they're anxious like you right now. " 

"Oh. I see. I guess that you being with your brothers gave you some insight of many situations I assume. " I said, wondering of how many changes they had been through together. 

She said, "More or less. Speaking of which, I bet those two really have some trouble in their plans. " 

She begins to walk as I followed her, "Are you sure of that we have to follow them, what if we bumped into Dr. Eggman and his robotic army?"

She raised an eyebrow at me, "Mom, have you forgotten that I have a magical medallion on my neck and I can unleash my piano blasters at them, right?"

Sonic

I couldn't believe that I was going to meet Uncle Chuck after all this time. He looked really different as I remembered him. 

But I still feel bad, I was the one who let my guard down by using my medallion that day, and by doing that, I found my siblings that I never knew about, and thus finding out that I was really royalty, it really takes a lot of your mind lately. 

Sliver said, "What we going to do, Sonic? Use your medallion on him?" 

Manic unleashed his drums as that as the blast was about to hit him, I pushed my uncle to safety. 

"Intruder! Intruder!" He said, as I was still hope that my uncle can get back to his original self from the robotization.

"Uncle Chuck, please, do you recognize me, it's me, Sonic, your fast-pacing nephew! " I plead to him, but he didn't reply back. 

He simply repeats, "Intruder! Intruder!" 

Sliver said, "Sonic, we have to get out of here!" 

Manic concurs, "Yeah, it's not safe, bro! But I promise we'll get him back, I know it." 

I groan , sadly, as I grabbed my brother, as I speed to get out. As I did, we were stunned by seeing our sister and mother!

"Sonic! There you are!" Sonia exclaimed, angrily at me, as Mom hugged me. 

"M-Mom! Sonia! What the heck you're doing here?" I asked them as Sonia was annoyed at my question. 

"We came because we got worried you get captured by Dr. Eggman, ok?" Sonia grumbled, as I looked so distraught of what happened earlier. 

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Our mother asked me. 

Manic knew how I was being distance. "Let's just head back before Eggman sends out more robots after us." 

Chris

I waited for Uncle Chuck to arrive from his duties. As he looked around to make sure we weren't spotted, he made his eyes from robotic to his old self.

"So, how did go with Sonic?" I asked, being curious of the situation. The robotic hedgehog sighs, "I just seen the lad, but it seems harder to protect him. 

Lying isn't my style, you know?"

I said, reassuring him, "I know, but this is the only way we get help from the inside with Pharaoh and Lady Windermere. 

It's also crucial that our chance hasn't gone to waste in order to fulfill the prophecy of the Council of Four. 

Besides, if Sonic Underground and Queen Aleena knew what we were going on the get-go, they would've stopped us all together. " 

"I guess you're pretty smart for a young man like you are, Chris. Brave, yet kind of remind me of a lot like Sonic in a way." 

I rubbed my head in embarrassment, "Do I really act like Sonic? Sometimes I don't realize that." 

"Ah, sonny boy, it's not like it's a bad thing. C'mon, I'll lead ya where they keep the slaves at, and we will have our work cut out for us before Sleet and Dingo realize what we're up to." 

As we make into the workplace of the working slaves, my head was filled with horror and terrified of what I've seen. 

Dr. Robotic is a lunatic. He constantly make them work harder without any hesitation. "Work harder, I want you all to be ready for the resistance. They will be coming back." 

Chuck and I hide within the shadows, hoping that he wouldn't spot us. "Man, I had seen him act all intense before, but this is crazier than I expected to be. 

They didn't have to do this." I whispered. 

"We have to wait until he leaves. That is when we make our mark, Chris. We only have a slight time-slot before Dr. Robotic comes back." 

"So, we have to reverse all of the slaves' robotic state before he comes back? Ok, no pressure." I sweat nervously. 

"I have to do this for Sonic's sake. Sonic, I hope you  forgive me for leaving you, Sonic Underground and the others in the dark like this." I thought. 

I took a deep breath as I grabbed my tool belt and get to work as fast as I possibly could.