Chapter 20: The Darkest Day

Amy

I couldn't believe it. The thing that Sonic ever wanted has come into furitration. The new future that he get to be in Mobious safely with no one being hurt ever again. 

I see him speeding through the durbius of the battlefield as i waved through to get his attention. "Sonic!" 

The blue hedgehog beamed as he makes a stop of his speeding to hug me. "I can't believe it, the final battle had been done!" I said, as the hedgehog sighed as that he was relieved it was too good be true. 

"Tell me about it. I've been through a lot, and that having you and all of the Freedom Fighters helping me through this whole ordeal, I couldn't be more happier." 

That was when we heard a cough to get our attention, as to see our friends who was watching us as bystanders. 

Chris said, "I still honestly can't believe that you were actually royalty, and that Dr. Eggman was truly your worst enemy! It's no wonder how much you both hated each other so fondly all the adventures we spend together." 

Shadow said, "Hmph, it took him a long time for that, but Sonic was really something else to begin with. Honestly, I still couldn't believe any of this was real." 

Sonic gave him a arm grab, "Oh? You couldn't stay away from me, could you?"

That is when we all laughed at that comment, but something was weighing on the hedgehog's mind, like something else was going to happen eventually. 

Sonic

I was relieved that my long-lasted battle for my home was over. But there was something else that truly bothers me.

It was when the Oracle of Delphis came to my mother and me when we reconcile when we reunited as mother and son. 

"Beware your hearts' desires."  What does the Oracle of Delphis meant by those words when he said that to us? 

What does it truly mean?"  I thought in my mind, as that Sliver notices my curious state. "Is something the matter, Sonic? You seemed distracted. 

"Oh, was I? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for you to be worried." I said, hoping that nobody would ever realized what i was just thinking to myself. 

"Well, I guess all ends today. The prophecy did mention the Counsel of Four will decide Eggman's fate. What you guys going to do to that insane madman?" Tails asked as Cosmo was holding his shoulder. 

"Well, first thing we have to do is rebuild my home and take care of the citizens that had been robotized. 

After all that, I have to discuss the big punishment with my family. It's a big ordeal that the royal family had to deal without people get frustrated and anxious about it." 

"Fair point. With all that destruction, I couldn't bear to look directly at the sight of that man anyway." A voice I haven't heard in a while said, as I glance towards my adoptive parents who was standing waiting for me. 

"Mindy, Felix!" I said, happily as I embraced them. "You really done a splendid job, son." Felix said, as I said, "It wasn't truly an easy task to say the least. Eggman pulled a lot of stuff that you wouldn't believe." 

My adoptive mother said, placing her hand on my shoulder, " I couldn't say that we believed you, Sonic, we known how powerful you have become with all the allies you've made on your adventures, we knew we adopted a headstrong, willed hedgehog with a gentle personality. "

"Geez, you're making me blush..." I said, trying to act cool in front of the group. 

"Yo, Sonic, we need to host a concert! " Manic yelled out to me, as that I laughed at my brother's comment. 

As I was about to head towards my siblings, Amy suddenly collapse! 

"Amy! Amy!" Sonic said, trying to awake her up. 

Dr. Eggman

I grinned at the sight of the worriest hedgehog, as that he hasn't known that I had a secret backup plan in case I lose to Sonic Underground. 

I will make the thing he cherished the most, be in a coma-state until he admits his truest desired in the whole world. 

I placed in a dark cell, as the royal guards stand in the entrance, by the order of Queen Aleena. 

"So, Sonic, what will you now..." I mumbled under my breath as I still wanted to make his life miserable.