Chapter 8: Emotional Reunion

Queen Aleena

It was so fast, that I couldn't grasp of what was happening. The boy who saved me earlier introduce himself as Chris , a close friend to my son, Sonic. 

He explained to me that he had absolutely have no idea that Sonic was royalty or the fact that he was destined to free Mobious from Dr. Robotic or as he was referred to as Dr. Eggman. 

As that we arrived to their hideout, a see a robotic couple who was staring right at me. "So, you must be Queen Aleena, I assume." The man said. 

I blink in surprise, as that they must've been civilians of Mobious, as I said, "Yes, I am. Um, who are you exactly?"

"Oh, right. You didn't know. " The man said, "I am Felix, Sonic's adoptive father, and this is my wife, Mindy, who happens to be Sonic's adoptive mother." 

I was amazed of how calm they were, under the complicated situation was, as I asked, "Wait, did Sonic mentioned you about-" 

"Everything. He told us everything about you being his biological mother, and how you have the harsh decision of giving up Sonia, Manic and himself in order to fulfill the prophecy. I know it's not easy, if I was in your shoes, I would've done the same thing." Mindy replied. 

Chris cleared his throat, "At any case, we will be safe here for the time being while we find a way to stop Dr. Eggman and his goons. " 

As that moment, I was still in compete shock of seeing my children all grown up in their separate ways, I'm not completely convinced that they would accept me as their mother. 

That was when a young white hedgehog came by as he saw me. He yelp, "Queen Aleena, wow, you're ok! " 

"Where were you, Sliver?!? Sonic and the others are completely staling time for us to escape and you decided of staying behind, that's harsh." Chris complained at him. 

"Sorry, sorry! Cosmo and Tails wanted me to check on the system cameras that they installed and it took me a lot of time." He rubbed his head sheepishly at him. 

Mindy said, "Now don't need to bicker. I'm sure that Cosmo and Tails really needed his help, Chris, don't be so mad at him." 

"You're right, Mindy. It's no wonder that Sonic's adoptive mother giving me lectures. Talk about embarrassing." 

As I was about to ask of where Sonic and his siblings are, I heard vehicles coming back into the hideout, as Sonic pants, "I am beat, and hungry after that battle." 

Manic rolls his eyes at his older brother, "I swear, Sonic, all you think about is food. Honestly, can your stomach wait in a mid-crisis?"

Sonia concurred, "I have to agree with you, Manic. I just honestly believe that you would be hungry after all of that." 

Sonic sighs, reluntly, "What I supposed to do, it's my stomach for crying out loud, and I just can't stand the sound of my stomach growling, I had a late breakfast this morning!" 

That is when they stop arguing and saw me . 

Sonic

It was then we all realize that we were in the same room with her. Our mother, Queen Aleena. She is indeed very beautiful as I last saw the portrait of her on one of the last adventures I've been with Sonic Underground. 

I just simply gazed at her, as if this was simply a glimpse dream. The tug in my heart, what is this? Is this simply rejoicing that I finally get to meet her after being apart for so long?