Chapter 1: Lost.

In his small apartment in Den City, Hibiki Okida sat on a bean bag in the corner of the room and stared at his phone on a live stream of the dueling network Link Vrains signing in to follow his favorite superstar pop duelist Blue Angel in her duel against Go Onizuka. He had been a fan of her for as long as he had remembered knowing her. He had been to several of her duels and was a proud member of the true blue fan group.

Blue Angel (on screen): All right True Blues, are you ready?

Hibiki: Yeah!

The duel was about to begin when a large black dragon tore through the sky with a white robed figure on it's back. Hibiki realized that this was the hacker group known as the Knights of Hanoi, the same group that was allegedly behind the torment he had suffered ten years ago. He leaped to his feet and grabbed his duel disk, running towards his cabinet that doubled as an entrance for Vrains and closed the door behind him.

Hibiki: Disc active! Link in!

He slowly transformed into his avatar, his grey t-shirt and jeans transformed into a purple jumpsuit with indigo star markings and silver knight-like armor. His username, Lightray, flashed above his head as he dropped into the server. Looking up at the sky, he saw the Hanoi dragon breaking through buildings and streaking towards Blue Angel but before it could collide with her a duelist dived with her out of the way. Hibiki extended an energy grapple and zipped up to by the pair.

Lightray: Are you alright? That was a close one.

Duelist: You make sure that no-one else is hurt. I will take down the Hanoi.

Lightray: Alright, what is your name?

Duelist: I am Playmaker. Now go.

As Playmaker leaped down into the street a purple stream of data started to flow into a raging typhoon. Lightray turned to the now standing Blue Angel who was looking at him strangely.

Blue Angel: I recognize you, you were at a few of my duels right? Erm, Lightray right?

Lightray: Yeah, that's me but we can chat later. That Playmaker is dueling I think.

The two duelists were riding on boards and Playmaker was losing.

Playmaker: I activate my skill! When I am below one thousand life points I can add a random Cyberse link monster from the data storm to my hand. Go storm access!

Lightray (thoughts): Storm access? Cyberse? Why do I know that name? The lost incident, maybe Playmaker was involved as well?

Hibiki logged out of Vrains after the duel and woke up in his apartment. He walked out of his cabinet and flopped into his chair tired and confused. He pulled up the information he had on the Knights of Hanoi.

-----------

Lost Incident?

Seven children rescued from a hidden research facility in woods around Den City. Doctor Kogami disgraced...

----------

He didn't scroll any further, Hibiki turned off his phone and looked away from his notes. He noticed a letter had been put through his door. It was from his friend that he had met over the network, a boy called Takeru Homura, Hibiki had also found out that he was one of the other victims of the lost incident by accident. The two had kept in touch but had both agreed not to mention the incident between them due to the bad memories t raised.

Hey Hibiki,

I wrote as soon as I could when the Hanoi attacked Vrains this with Blue Angel. I need to make sure you're ok and not going to try anything crazy like going after them if you still use Vrains. It's not in our hands anymore and I prefer it that way. Just focus on yourself you hear me. I've been working on my skills so one day we'll have to meet up and duel, to help get to know each other better if nothing else.

Stay safe,

Takeru.

Hibiki (thoughts): Sorry Takeru, but I can't let this go just yet. I want to know who the others were, to meet them in person and tell them that it will be alright. So I can't just focus on me. That Playmaker is the key to it somehow and I need to know how.

The boy went to his bed and laid down, swearing he'd continue tomorrow but when he closed his eyes he was pulled into a nightmare.

-Hibiki pov, dream-

I stand in a blank room alone, I call out but no-one answers. All that I have is a single piece of VR tech and an old card loader duel disk. Inside the visor a duel field was laid out and across from a shady figure with a similar disk to me. I know what I must do, win. I look at my deck and swallow, I'm afraid and confused. I try take off the disk but a large shock flows through my body and I collapse into a dark void.

-No pov-

Hibiki woke up screaming as he fell off his bed with his arm clutching his deck tightly. He hit the floor and let go of his deck, his cards scattering all over the ground. He scrambled to pick up the cards and shuffled them back together hurriedly. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and looked at the VR visor over on his shelf from ten years ago. He had kept it to try contact the other six but had not put it on since the incident so it had been gathering dust on his bedroom shelf. He nervously picked it up and placed it over his eyes while activating his disc.

System: Duel disk linked. Beginning duel simulation.

A shady figure with a duel disk generated before Hibiki and placed three cards face down.

Hibiki: I-I-I draw. I set a card and now because there's two cards in a column I can summon my Mekk-Knight Indigo Eclipse. I use its effect to move it to a different column so I can summon my Mekk-Knight Red Moon. I now normal summon my Mekk-Knight Avram. Manifest circuit of colour. Link arrows authorized, the summoning conditions are three Mekk-Knight monsters. I link summon. Shine on, Link three, Mekk-Knight Spectrum Supreme.

The monster rose out of the link portal and screeched, sending beams of rainbow light around the simulation.

Hibiki: Now I use its effect to send my set card to the graveyard to summon Mekk-Knight Yellow Star and use its own effect. I banish one Mekk-Knight from my graveyard to destroy the face down in this card's column. I now use the spell World Legacy Key to add my Indigo back to my hand and use World Legacy's memory to summon him to my field. I use his effect and move Yellow Star to another column.

Opponent: I use Ghost Ogre and White Rabbit to destroy a card which activates his effects so I destroy Indigo Eclipse.

Hibiki: I attack you directly with Spectrum Supreme. Go Rainbow Ruin!

Atk: 3000

Opponent lp: 4000 ---> 1000

Hibiki: Now Yellow Sun end it with Sanguine Bolt.

Opponent: I activate Compulsory Evacuation Device and return Yellow Sun to your hand.

Hibiki: Fine, I end my turn.

Opponent: My turn, Draw. Summon Guardragon Justicia. Link summon, link one, Guardracon Elpy. Guardragon Garmides summons itself from my hand. I link summon again, link two, Guardragon Agarpain. I use World Legacy Guardragon to summon Elpy from my graveyard. Now Agarpain summons Five Headed Link Dragon from my extra deck. Five Headed Lnk dragon attacks Spectrum Supreme.

Atk: 5000

Hibki lp: 4000 ---> 2000

Opponent: Now Guardragon Elpy and Guardragon Agarpain attack you directly.

Elpy Atk: 1000

Agarpain Atk: 1500

Hibiki lp: 2000 ---> 1000 ---> 0

System: You lose!

The interface shut down and Hibiki took off the headset, shaking slightly. He put the visor on his shelf gingerly and laid back on his bed. Eventually he fell into a restless sleep, the dragon's roars still echoing in his mind.

A/N: wow, you guys are great. Thanks for reading this so quickly after I put it out. Don't ghost me, leave ideas for ocs and this character's ignis or cyberse cards and skill in the comments.