Chapter 3: Hanoi

That morning, Hibiki woke up clutching his head,he had bashed it on his wall during the night and a dull headache now was pressed into his mind.

Hibiki: Ugh. Ow, and I have to get to school soon as well. At least I... Wait. I took the deal with Revolver. Great, how the hell am I meant to duel Playmaker if I can't even find him?

=Time Skip=

School had gone by quickly. Hibiki had brought his older model disk to the day and had dueled Yusaku's warrior deck in the duel club after school, barely winning. He had also told the club his involvement in the lost incident to which Yusaku had cornered him as he was leaving.

(flashback)

Yusaku: So, that's what you were getting at with the 'lost' comment when we first met.

Hibiki: Yeah, sorry if I assumed about you. I'm trying to find the others like me.

Yusaku: Why? Surely you'd want to avoid all memories of that time.

Hibiki: That's exactly why, if I can help them get over that time and tell them everything will be okay then I can't throw that chance away. I hope you can understand that.

Yusaku: More than most people, I'm sorry for prying. Good evening Hibiki.

(end of flashback)

He noticed his disc blinking and, after changing into his uniform, used the fake Id, a duelist named Galileo, to log into vrains where a teen in a white suit stood across from his login point.

Spectre: Ah, you must be the duelist that Revolver brought into our service. I am Spectre and I have been sent to test your skills. If you fail to impress me then I can assure you that you will not be of use to us. You can keep the disk but the algorithm will be wiped.

Hibiki: Fine, just know that holding back isn't my style.

Both: Let's duel.

Hibiki lp: 4000

Spectre lp: 4000

Spectre: I shall go first, I send Sunseed Genius Loci from my hand to the graveyard to activate the continuous spell Sunvine Shrine. Shrine allows me to summon Loci from my graveyard and now I will create my circuit! I link summon. Link one, Sunavalon Dryas! I end my turn.

Hibiki: I Draw. I... I...

Hibiki stared in shock at the cards in his hands, guardragon cards, the cards that had caused him so much pain ten years ago.

Spectre: Oh, did we not tell you about what deck we provided? We know exactly who you are. Now duel me like you mean it.

Hibiki: Alright, I summon World Chalice Guardragon, I now create my circuit, appear Link-1 Guardragon Pisty. I use my spell card World Legacy Guardragon to summon my World Chalice from the graveyard and move Pisty to my main monster zone. Now I link summon again, appear Guardragon Elpy. Guardragon moves it to another zone. Now Elpy allows me to summon Guardragon Andrake from my deck. Because Andrake was summoned from my deck its attack is double. I now activate the Dragon Shrine spell card to send Labradorite Dragon and World Legacy Guardragon Mardark from my deck to my graveyard and by banishing Labradorite and Flamvell Guard in my hand I can resurrect Mardark. Attack Andrake and win this duel.

Spectre: I think not. I activate the effect of my quick play spell Shrink to half your monster's attack power.

Spectre lp: 4000 - - - 2000

Spectre: And now Dryas activates its own effect. I summon a sunvine link monster next to its link and regain life points equal to the damage I just took. I summon Sunvine Gardna.