Chapter 16: Conflict.

Lightning stood in his palace and stared at the screen showing the match between Hibiki and Haru.

Lightning: This power, fusion. It truly is a trouble.

The light ignis sighed and turned towards Jin, who was held in stasis a few feet away, a dark idea coming into his head that made him chuckle.

Lightning: Not yet I don't feel. I must play that card when things are at a climax. Bohman!

The user appeared with a bow.

Bohman: Yes Lightning?

Lightning: Are you ready to put our plan into effect?

Bohman: Yes, Haru is in position and we have laid the trap for the patchwork ignis as you commanded.

Lightning: Good. Without his ignis, Hibiki Okida should be easier to manipulate.

Bohman: Wouldn't it be simpler to eliminate Hibiki Okida?

Lightning: No. If we did so, we make a direct enemy of SOL technology's head of security, since he is dating his sister. Instead we must seek to isolate him, and after Rags is gone, I have just the perfect plan to break him completely.

Bohman: I see. That way we can easily crush him and remove two opponents from your plan.

Lightning: Correctly surmised. Though I am concerned about the involvement of the Knights of Hanoi, it is known that Hibiki has cooperated with them in the past and may turn to them for assistance. If so, this plan is put in jeopardy.

Haru: Master, I have prepared everything.

Lightning looked up at the other of the two and nodded.

Lightning: Good. And thanks to your duel earlier against him, Bohman now has the data to eliminate the Patchwork Ignis once and for all.

Haru: Yes master. Though, I would have wanted to defeat him myself.

Lightning: Your time will come Haru. But for now be patient and enjoy the show.

Bohman: I will deploy then master?

Lightning: Yes.

The ai user nodded and disappeared.

= Somewhere in Vrains =

Hibiki and Earth flew through the sky on their boards, Rags sat on Hibiki's shoulder as he kept a look out.

Earth: There are no traces of the Light Ignis' code here. We should move on to the restricted sector.

Hibiki: Right, though we'll have to get past all the security.

Rags: Leave that to us.

Earth: Yes. We can handle it from here.

The two ignis raised their hands and a bubble formed around the users as they descended towards the zone.

Hibiki: Woah.

Rags: Yeah, Earth is good with security codes, add in a bit of my expertise with SOL tech's data and it's easy.

Hibiki: So when did you two get so buddied up? I thought you were butting heads over Aqua.

Rags: Erm...

=Flashback=

Rags sat in his disc as he tweaked the code of a card he was designing. He had a feeling he would need it if they came up against Bohman and his judgment arrows.

Earth: We need to talk.

Rags turned in shock at the blocky ignis stood behind him and breathed a sigh of relief.